Prey Anti Theft
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Phone tracking
- Get your phone's current location
- Report send to your browser dashboard
- Take photos, run alarm and send pop-up messages to your phone remotely
- Can't removed all your data or factory reset your phone remotely
- Can't set Reports frequency under 10 minutes
- It would be nice a Prey dashboard app to be installed in your friend's phone
Prey is an anti-theft app that lets you track and locate your stolen phone
Losing or get your phone robbed? Worst thing ever!
Our smartphones and tablets are already our most used and most loved gadget. Both Work and leisure data are stored there: photos, videos, projects, files... You name it. Missing them is a nightmare, isn't it? Do something then! Better safe than sorry.
Prey helps you with that. Once installed and set up, Prey helps you locate your lost or stolen phone, activate an alarm, take photos from your front camera, send messages to whoever has it and lock the phone with a password remotely.
Obviously, you can activate those built-in sensors you need to perform all that actions remotely. Simply send a - previously set up - SMS with a code to activate them all. In addition, you can set in real time from a browser any of those features (alarm, camera, GPS...) and make it run in real time.
Prey will send you automatically reports with location, phone status and photo to your browser dashboard. In addition, You can set the app to send a notification to a friend's phone in case your SIM is removed.
In brief, a comprehensive anti-theft app that can save you from losing all your data. Thieves' nightmare.
★ Tested: “Prey is by no means the only piece of anti-theft software out there, but it's definitely one of the most robust”
★ As seen on: BBC News, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, Lifehacker, and TechCrunch.
Remotely control your Android phone and tablet online
Once you log into Prey you can do the following:
- Find your phone on a map through geolocation using both GPS and WiFi triangulation
- Take pictures using the built-in front and back camera
- Lock your device from any unwanted intruder
- Trigger a loud alarm remotely even if your phone is put on silent
- Display a tailored alert message on the screen
- Gather the network information that your device is connected to (for accurate pinpointing)
Prey improves mobile security
- Active SIM Card change detection
- Uninstall protection
- SMS activation using any phone and get reports instantly
If you need even more control and phone security you can upgrade to a Prey Pro account. Key elements of the pro solutions are:
- Track an unlimited number of devices
- On demand reports giving you full real-time control
- All information is sent with SSL encryption
- Active mode: allowing you to see when your devices last checked in
- Store up to 100 reports per device
- Email support to help you when you need it the most
For Prey to do its magic, you’ll have to log into your account using a web browser. Within your account, you are able to mark your device as missing or stolen to start receiving reports from Prey. These reports contains the necessary information for you to know who has your device and where it is. They also contain enough evidence for the Police to recover your device. Prey is available in English, Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal), Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, Swedish, Polish and Catalan.
See our recovery stories and find out why millions of users trust Prey to protect their Android phone and tablet: http://preyproject.com/blog/cat/recoveries
Email us whenever you have a question firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/preyproject
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/preyproject
Read our Terms of service: http://preyproject.com/terms
- Mobile data and Wi-Fi are no longer randomly enabled.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Check out this App! So quick and easy to use! It has features you haven't seen in other apps before! Very useful!
More info at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNvh0JSRfHc
Find the App at: www.phoneblackbox.com
I installed prey software into my mobile. I have the mobile with me. As a testing a purpose. I tapped on the button "deactivate" in application.
Then mobile got locked and I could not unlock it.
Please let me know the steps to unlock my mobile.
Seems like it would work but, on making my account and trying to log in I get refused every time, so uninstalled it goes and sticking with avast.
The disable power button function doesn't work.... It gives me an option to turn off phone when phone is locked please check and fix this bug.. The ratings would increase to 5 if the issue is resolved :) thanks
Like a boss