Proximity Screen Off Lite
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Shailesh Soliwal
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
Tags: proximity, proximity screen off, proximity screen off lite, proximity screen, proximity screen off pro, proximity screenoff, proximity screen off konfiguracja, screen off, proximity sensor screen off, proximityscreenoff.
- Fixed Phone locks to lock-screen by default
- Added option to enable/disable call handling
- Fixed bugs
- De-activate sensor when only screenOff mode is enabled. (except if override power button is enabled)
- enableInCall battery save mode added. Sensors are only active during the call.
- [New feature] to override lock screen, can be disabled by enabling lockOnScreenOn
- [New feature] override power button (Sensor needs to be active on screenOff)