RF Signal Tracker
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
- Monitor data traffic bytes.
- XY Chart of RF and WiFi signal strength over time.
- Voice notification of signal strength & technology changes, handovers, open hotspots, and more!
- Notes! Insert notes into the RF data collected. Notes can be viewed & edited in Big Picture
- 'Drive Mode' screen showing just RSSI, Cell ID, and technology to view while driving
- Localized for French, Spanish (thank you Augusto!), Portuguese, and German (thank you Lutz!).
- Map and record your color coded RF signal strength as you travel.
- War driving. Collect WiFi access points and list mobile location at the strongest signal.
- Users can redefine site locations on the map.
- Play back, pause, jump to any part of recorded data.
- Share collected data and Maps with Twitter, Facebook, whatever you can share with.
- Sector coverage zones describing sector orientation and beamwidth.
- One Cell Tracking to examine coverage of a single cell site.
- Sound and Vibration notification on handover.
- Possible handoff neighbors (2G).
- User defined sites can be exported or imported for later use.
- Serving cell can be located through Google, OpenCellID.
- All sites located through Google or OpenCellID saved to local database.
- Export recorded data to XML, KML (Google Earth), or CSV files.
- Import older recorded data for playback.
- Roaming and data states, data activity, CGI.
- WiFi MAC address, BSSID, supplicant state.
- WiFi network access points identified.
- EIRP/ERP and Free Space Loss calculators
- Big picture of entire drive test or site survey
- Auto-shutoff at minimum battery level set by user
- Adjust GPS power settings
- App to SD card
*** Please keep those bug reports coming! If you crash and are given the option, please send in the report. I read them all. Or you can email directly at: Type1apps@gmail.com
- If a site appears off the coast of Africa it means that you are using Google's location service or OpenCellID and they cannot determine that cell's location (so it returns the location 0 deg Lat, 0 deg Lon). A new feature for version 2.2.9 is the ability to define your own site locations (add, move or remove) by pressing a spot on the map or a site icon. Users can do their own site surveys as they travel. This is a workaround for those who do not have access to site location data -- unless you are an engineer for a carrier, you won't have access to this data since site locations are generally considered proprietary.
- Background recording, where you exit the app after you start recording, will not register signal strength changes if the phone is in sleep mode (screen is blank). This is a "bug" in Android not the app. If the phone is not allowed to sleep, background recording is possible.
- BER, EVDO, SNR & Ec/Io may display -1. This is the number the Android OS is sending, sorry.
- The app is optimized for GSM service. CDMA devices are not completely supported. This is due to the lack of a CDMA phone (and contract) on my part, not anything specific to the technology. So if you have a CDMA phone be aware it has not been tested by me.
- Please remember you are using a phone, not a laptop. If you try to record hours worth of data, and/or play it back, unexpected things may happen.
Tags: rf signal tracker download, rf signal android, rf tracker android, android rf signal tracker, android rf signal, rf signal tracker android, android rf, rf signal tracker for android, download rf signal tracker, rf signal app.
Recently changed in this version:
- Corrected the problem of missing XML files for the German, French, Portuguese, and Spanish versions of the app. This caused the app to crash when the Map screen was launched. Thank you to all those people who submitted bug reports when that happened!
- New neighbor collection method. Handoff data is collected and continually stored to determine serving and neighbor cell relationships.
- Signal-To-Noise ratio is now included in the data collected and as a drive mode screen.
Last activity on RF Signal Tracker
- eric ko Downloaded Jun 6, 2013
- marcosanascimento Downloaded Jun 1, 2013
- wang xinyu Downloaded May 21, 2013
- 13DK4 Downloaded May 20, 2013
- carlosmusziy Downloaded May 15, 2013
- balouchi Downloaded May 13, 2013
- injobho Downloaded May 12, 2013
- Leopoldoneto Downloaded May 11, 2013
- Diwakar Chaudhary Downloaded Apr 15, 2013
Lists with: RF Signal Tracker
Some lists where this application appears: BD APPS.