[root] Mobile ODIN Pro
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Ease of use
- Awesome idea
- By now only GT-I9100 and GT-N7000 suport
First off, you need to have root access to launch this app. Although we guess that if you're interested in this app is because you're a ROM junkie. What's more, this is the Pro version of this app $1.99. There are lite version for both devices support: search Modin.
Odin is a well-known computer software for flashing base ROMs. That menas that until now, we had to plug our device to the computer every time we wanted to flash a new cooked or official ROM. Thanks to Mobile Odin we will be able to complete the whole process from our mobile device. Although by now there's only support for Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) and Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, Chainfire, its developers, are working on making more devices compatible.
What's more, the mobile version contains extra features that we couldn't control (or even see) from the computer software. For example, you can choose if you want to inject ClockWork Recovery Mode, Superuser, EverRoot or Mobile Odin. Likewise, you will have detailed info of kernel, system, data, etc. before flashing the ROM.
This is a giant leap for those who are mad of ROMs. It makes the process way easier. Thanks to the developers. We're waiting for more devices support.
! Your device must be rooted to be able to use Mobile ODIN. Check the list below to see if your device is supported !
If you use the EverRoot option, Mobile ODIN will root the firmware while you flash it. Checking out that new leaked firmware? No reason to lose root!
Currently supported devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000/B/M
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9003/L
- AT&T/Rogers Captivate SGH-I896/I897
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100/T/G/m
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SHW-M250S/K
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SC-02C
- AT&T Galaxy S2 SGH-I777
- Sprint/Virgin/Boost Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710/VMUB/BST
- USCC Galaxy S2 SCH-R760
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300/T
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9308
- AT&T/Canadia Galaxy S3 SGH-I747/M
- TMOUS Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
- Sprint/C-Spire Galaxy S3 SPH/SCH-L710
- VZW Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 (unlock bootloader !)
- USCC/Cricket/MetroPCS Galaxy S3 SCH-R530/U/M/C
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210S
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305/T/N
- Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM) Maguro/Yakju/GT-I9250
- Google Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) Toro/Mysid/SCH-I515 (no cdma radio flashing)
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000B
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
- AT&T/Canadia Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317/M
- TMOUS Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889
- Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900
- VZW Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 (unlock bootloader !)
- USCC Galaxy Note 2 SCH-R950
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" GT-N8000
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" Wi-Fi GT-N8010/N8013
Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- Tab 7" GT-P1000
- Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200/L, GT-P6210
- Tab 7.7" GT-P6800, GT-P6810
- Tab 10.1" GT-P7500, GT-P7510
- Tab 2 7" GT-P3100, GT-P3110, GT-P3113
- Tab 2 10" GT-P5100, GT-P5110, GT-P5113
Samsung Galaxy 5:
Flashing with Mobile ODIN does NOT increase your custom kernel flash counter or make the yellow warning triangle appear.
For discussion and support: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347899
- MANUAL -
Flashing with Mobile ODIN is easy. You start by starting the app and the app will check your system has everything it needs to continue (like root). It may need to download an additional package, so it is advised you have Wi-Fi available.
Now you should see the main Mobile ODIN screen. It will list a set of partitions. Clicking a partition will allow you to select a file from your SD card to flash to that partition. Do not worry about selecting the wrong file - Mobile ODIN will not let you. Separate files (named after the partition) as well as .tar and .tar.md5 files are supported.
From the desktop ODIN you may be used to "PDA", "PHONE", and "CSC" buttons. All three of these buttons have been replaced by the "Open file ..." button. This button will open the file you select from the SD card, and find all the partitions it can flash inside that file. So if you select a .tar file containing kernel and modem, the Kernel and Modem partitions will be set up to use that .tar file for flashing.
Now that we have selected what we want to flash, if you have the Pro version you can proceed to the EverRoot section. The EverRoot options allows you to root your firmware while it is being flashed. Never again will you be without root! Select here which apps you want to inject in the firmware that is being flashed.
Now that we are all done selecting partitions and configuring EverRoot, we continue to "Flash firmware". Mobile ODIN will gather all the information it needs and perform the flash. Before starting, however, it will check that your battery level is over 50%, and if applicable offer to verify MD5 checksums on the files you have selected to flash. If all is well, it will reboot into recovery mode, and flash the firmware you have selected.
Recently changed in this version:
- Updated: SuperSU v1.10
- Updated: FlashKernels:
--- SGS2/I9100: exFAT support
--- SGN/N7000: exFAT support
--- SGS3/I9300: SDS patch
- Added: Support for:
--- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 (unlock bootloader !)
--- Virgin Mobile Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710VMUB
--- Boost Mobile Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710BST
--- C-Spire Galaxy S3 SCH-L710
--- MetroPCS Galaxy S3 SCH-R530M
--- Cricket Galaxy S3 SCH-R530C
Last activity on [root] Mobile ODIN Pro
- paulosoares Downloaded May 18, 2013
- aslan yağız Downloaded May 12, 2013
- ahmad alsaadi Downloaded May 10, 2013
- ljavier210 Downloaded May 4, 2013
- mohamed arif Downloaded May 1, 2013
- lizardom Downloaded Apr 16, 2013
- shwegu Downloaded Apr 6, 2013
- fisnik gegaj Downloaded Mar 28, 2013
- gabriele santos da silva Downloaded Mar 25, 2013
Lists with: [root] Mobile ODIN Pro
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for [root] Mobile ODIN Pro
Please fix. It doesn't download using a working data mobile connection. And please also enable refunds
I know this product is an amazing tool however when will it work on galaxy s4 on sprint?
I am wondering if it can be used on S4
Works as advertised, simple and effective. It's well worth the price if you use custom ROMs or just want to update the stock ROM and keep root access. Thanks!
Has worked great for me to flash zips and update my S3 to md4. Kept root and didn't lose anything that I've noticed. Thanks for your great work
Very useful; it allows injecting Super User and it can optionally wipe various partitions during flashing. Never had any problems with it.