Ruboto IRB (Ruby on Android)
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
*** Note: You will be prompted for a second install from the market. This second install contains the bulk of the code (JRuby and the Ruby stdlib), and can be shared among other Ruboto projects. It reduces the size of this app by 90%.
*** Note 2: If you had a previous install and are experiencing problems, make sure you removed ruboto.rb (and the ruboto directory) from /sdcard/jruby.
*** Note 3: Why so many permissions? This app uses very few permissions on its own. Most of the permissions are requested to make them available to any scripts that you may want to write.
*** Note 4: This install will prompt you to replace the demo scripts onto you device (assuming you had a previous install). If you do not update, the old scripts will not work.
*** Note 5: Look to the demo scripts for examples of how to use JRuby to interact with Android. The demo-irb-server.rb script allows you to interact with you device scripts over wifi, making it much easier to edit your code.
Follow the ruboto and ruboto-irb projects on github.com/ruboto. The ruboto (formerly ruboto-core) project adds the ability to package scripts into applications.
Tags: ruby for android, android ruby, ruby on android, ruboto, irb android.
Recently changed in this version:
- Fix for crash on pre-3.0 versions
- Direct subclassing of Java classes in Ruby
- Class based Activity definitions
- Uses JRuby 1.7.1 and defaults to Ruby 1.9
- Bug fixes related to Android 4 and hardware acceleration
- Confirm exit with a 2nd press of the back button
- Fling in script editor
- Updated to use class-based Activities and direct subclassing
- Uses $irb to replace the removed $activity
- All scripts need to be replaced to run