10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Really works
- Highly configurable
- It can be unlocked by accident
+ By iiizio
ScreenWakeUp uses the proximity sensor to lock and wake up the screen
Some devices that today would be called "low-end" devices had some issues with the lockscreen button. Perhaps due to that ScreenWakeUp came up: an app for unlocking without touching any button, just moving your hand over it or when taking your device from the pocket.
Although it was probably its main use, it's still an app that can be useful even if your lockscreen button works properly. Lock and unlock quickly or even tease your friends making a jedi hand move over your phone to unlock it. You can lock the screen by long pressing on search key or by covering the proximity sensor on the top of the phone for a few seconds (or putting it in your pocket).
NOTE: Before uninstall you must release the lock admin (run ScreenWakeUp and select on "release lock admin").
The app works great, and it's highly configurable: set lock in call, lock in landscape, auto-unlock, lock screen after X seconds... and much more. The only catch: it can be unlocked sometimes by accident. Anyway, recommendable.
WARNING: BEFORE UNINSTALL YOU MUST RELEASE THE LOCK ADMIN! (run ScreenWakeUp and select on RELEASE LOCK ADMIN)
You can lock the screen with ScreenLock application (it's not a widget), a long press on search key, covering the proximity sensor on the top of the phone for a few seconds (settable) or simply you can put the phone in your pocket (I've noticed it can fail if the tissue of pocket is opaque black, I think due of how the proximity sensor works).
The screen automatically wakes up (or unlocks if enabled) when you take the phone out from the pocket or you move a hand over it.
The program is event driven (don't uses CPU cycles to check sensors), but the phone needs to stay in PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK mode to permit the wake up. The CPU doesn't go into sleep mode, so after a few minutes (settable) the lock will be released to prevent battery drain. You can read more about PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK here: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html
Don't be afraid about consumption of proximity sensor, it's really low (0.045mA on my atrix).
- WAKE_LOCK for turn on the screen
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD for unlock the phone automatically
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for check if a headset is connected
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED for restart automatically at boot
- VIBRATE for vibrate on screen lock
No internet connection needed, no ads, no privacy risk.
- Sometime the auto unlock option don't works
- Sometime the proximity sensor stops to work when the phone is connected to PC (you must restart the phone)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Tested only on Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4
For comment / feedback / bug / suggestion / localization / donations write to: iiizio AT users.sf.net
PS: Sorry for my bad English
Thanks to Daniel Añez Scott for spanish translation.
Thanks to Stefan (sk750) for the motion sensors management.
- Added icon in the notification area (optional)
- Added 5 minutes timeout
- Added do not lock these applications
- Added lock only below this angle
- Added option to suspend service with low battery
- Added option to disable turn screen on
- Added option to turn off sensor at the end of wakelock
- Added option to disable autostart
- Added do not show ScreenLock in the list of recent applications
- Fixed some bugs
Sorry for the long waiting
- Mayank R. Downloaded Dec 4, 2013
- Tanya Y. Downloaded Dec 3, 2013
- JusaldoShima7_2660697 Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Ankur G. Downloaded Nov 22, 2013
- Mohamed S. Downloaded Nov 16, 2013
- Dk J. Downloaded Nov 11, 2013
- Usman A. Downloaded Sep 3, 2013
- Hemal R. Downloaded Jul 11, 2013
- hnrytllo Downloaded Jun 28, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
this one is the best apk for screen on/off work perpect in my k900 thanks a lot...
Works great other than an occasional bug where the screen would light up after screen is locked. Beats a lot of other similar contenders out there! Thank you for saving my phone power button!
The concept is great however: I would like to be able to shorten the time to turn the screen off to less than a second and have an option to add a delay for how long after a screen turn off can the screen be turned on using the app. (to avoid instant turn
Screen turn off using proximity sensor by doesn't turn on by same! I have to turn it on manually ! !
For a beta it's almost perfect. Everything works without a hitch, well on my part. Maybe you can change the notification icon with just the lock one it's much simpler. Anyways, thanks!