SD Maid - System Cleaning Tool
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lots of features for deep cleaning
- Launch, freeze, uninstall and clear data from the app
- File browser/manager
- Layout could be improved
- Only root
+ By darken
SD Maid is a system cleaning tool app only for ROOTED devices
Without root, functionality is limited given that SD Maid won't have access to all necessary directories. Even if got a rooted devices, use it at own risk.
This is a Android system cleaner that cleans even the most remote corners. And that's necessary because sometimes, when you uninstall apps, Android OS cannot remove everything and leave data behind (folders, cache, logs...). This data could make the system unstable.
The app is divided 10 tabs. First off, from "Start" tab you'll get general info of your device, specially data usage. It includes a "Explorer" which is a directory. You can move, copy, delete or rename apps. What's more, there's a searcher for contains and root data (root search only available in the Pro version). From "Appcontrol" tab you'll be able to see a list of installed app. Tap one of them and you'll be able to start app, freeze it, remove app, remove app but keep is data or reset app to install status.
"Corpse find" tracks your directory and shows you those folders or files that an app left behind after uninstalling and you don't need. The system cleaner scans the devices known directories with unnecessary files. "Optimize DBs" checks databases and allows you to shrink bloated databased to speed up access and free space. And finally "Misc" from where you can clean Market history, view files that have been modified in the last X minutes or Show top50 biggest files. There are two features only available in the Pro version: Clean apps and Duplicates.
If you're root and want to spare time cleaning up your device, this is a wonderful option. Layout isn't stunning, but perfomance does. And that's what really matters.
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
Your SD-card is collecting files and directories you don't recognize.
Lets not go on here...
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD Maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy :-)!
Give it a try, you won't find a more thorough cleaning tool!
Choose a tab, press start and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It's just that easy.
There are various features available:
* Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
* You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
* The CorpseFinder searches your device for orphaned items and compares those to the list of installed applications.
* AppControl lets you freeze, reset and remove applications (even system apps).
* The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters directories which contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
* You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
* View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
* Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
A few additional features as well as comfort and convenience functions can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker (SD Maid Pro).
SD Maid is constantly being developed and designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of Android devices SD Maid might not work perfectly on your device, in that case I would appreciate it if you give me a chance to fix it by contacting me.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (email@example.com). I usually respond quite quickly and will happily help you out.
Obtaining SD Maid from unofficial sources puts your device at risk.
A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers @ http://sdmaid.thedarken.eu/beta who helped me improve SD Maid v3.
I would also like to thank all the volunteers @ http://sdmaid.thedarken.eu/translation that made SD Maid accessible to non english speaking users by translating it.
An unfinished help document is avaiable here:
v184.108.40.206 - v220.127.116.11:
- Various layout and performance improvements
- Fixes for reported crashs
- Improved AppCleaner results
- The Explorer now highlights caches
- Crash fix for Android L
- Improved compatibility with rare Android devices
- Improved CorpseFinder results and fixed reported false positives
- Fixed storage detection on some devices with reversed sdcards
Need app cleaner for free
Great tool, looks the best
Like so far
One of the best app for android.
Tried other 'cleaners' before using this.. They claim to clear a lot of stuff - yet somehow this finds more. Also, I find this app has a much 'cleaner' interface than Titanium when it comes to freezing apps etc. Has just the right amount of features I want (can even hide ones I dont) and not too bloated with options I don't really understand
Best of its kind.
Very useful tool. It will free your device from the nasty death by garbage ;-) Although I think your device needs to be rooted for app's full functionality..