SD Maid - System Cleaning Tool
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lots of features for deep cleaning
- Launch, freeze, uninstall and clear data from the app
- File browser/manager
- Layout could be improved
- Only root
SD Maid is a system cleaning tool app only for ROOTED devices
Without root, functionality is limited given that SD Maid won't have access to all necessary directories. Even if got a rooted devices, use it at own risk.
This is a Android system cleaner that cleans even the most remote corners. And that's necessary because sometimes, when you uninstall apps, Android OS cannot remove everything and leave data behind (folders, cache, logs...). This data could make the system unstable.
The app is divided 10 tabs. First off, from "Start" tab you'll get general info of your device, specially data usage. It includes a "Explorer" which is a directory. You can move, copy, delete or rename apps. What's more, there's a searcher for contains and root data (root search only available in the Pro version). From "Appcontrol" tab you'll be able to see a list of installed app. Tap one of them and you'll be able to start app, freeze it, remove app, remove app but keep is data or reset app to install status.
"Corpse find" tracks your directory and shows you those folders or files that an app left behind after uninstalling and you don't need. The system cleaner scans the devices known directories with unnecessary files. "Optimize DBs" checks databases and allows you to shrink bloated databased to speed up access and free space. And finally "Misc" from where you can clean Market history, view files that have been modified in the last X minutes or Show top50 biggest files. There are two features only available in the Pro version: Clean apps and Duplicates.
If you're root and want to spare time cleaning up your device, this is a wonderful option. Layout isn't stunning, but perfomance does. And that's what really matters.
Nobody is perfect and Android neither.
Apps you have already deleted, sometimes leave data behind.
The system constantly creates logs, crash reports and debug files you don't really need.
The market leaves temporary files of downloaded apps behind.
Lets not go on here...
Why not get a maid to clean it all up?
SD maid will help you keep your device neat, clean and tidy :-)!
Give it a try, you won't find a more thorough cleaning app!
Choose a tab, press check and then either click a single item to delete or press the clean all button. It's just that easy.
There are various features available:
* Explorer is a full fledged filemanager, use it to crawl through your Androids files.
* You can use the Searcher if you know what file you are looking for.
* The CorpseFinder searches your device for dormant directories+files and compares those to the list of installed applications.
* AppControl lets you freeze,reset and remove applications (even system apps).
* The SystemCleaner scans your device and filters which directories contain unnecessary files. You an even create your own filters!
* You can optimize and shrink bloated databases to speed up access and free space.
* View your biggest files and find out what is hogging all the space.
* Find files that have been modified in the last X minutes.
10 features are currently available in the free version and an additional 2 can be unlocked by buying and installing the unlocker.
The Unlocker will also enable several convenience functions like picture previews.
SD Maid is constantly being developed and is designed very carefully.
Due to the vast amount of android devices it might not work perfectly on everyones device, but i'm working hard to get it there.
If you have questions or concerns send me a mail (email@example.com). I usually respond quite quick and will happily help you out.
I'm currently working on SD Maid v3 :-)!
Full changelog always @ http://sdmaid.thedarken.eu/changelog
Questions? Mail me!
- A few bugfixes
- Improved SD Maids busybox setup
- Language updates
Want to help test new releases? Join the BETA test community: http://goo.gl/GGIUQG
SD Maid's translations are user made! See an error or a missing translation, want to help out?
Any help is welcome :-)!
- Céline F. Added to list 1d ago
- Brandon A. Downloaded 2d ago
- Leopold V. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Дмитрий Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Jamila S. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- Say I. Downloaded Nov 17, 2013
- Joshua S. Downloaded Nov 9, 2013
- Barrie S. Downloaded Nov 2, 2013
- Dg S. Downloaded Oct 15, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
I have the paid version now after this did such a great job.
Does exactly what it says it will...highly recommend this app, keeps phone clean
Liked the way it can quickly scan your device and the number of tools it has available to users
this is a great app
Please give a option to display a list of only frozen apps so it will be easy to find and unfreeze any of them. Its cumbersome to go thru hundreds of apps to see frozen ones. Thanks. --------- To ★ANDREW WEBER★ : You have to Scroll the Titles to se
Not compatible with ART 4.4.1. it Gives FC error