Search Duplicate File(Super)
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By NeedJava
With Search Duplicated File, an Android smart utility app, you can locate and remove these duplicate/dupe files on your Android device easily and accurately! It will free up a lot of storage space on your Android device! And it is the first Android app used to search for duplicate/dupe files!
If you updated your device to Android 4.4(KitKat), you may no longer to delete files from your external SD card, I'm trying to fix this bug which caused by KitKat new feature, thank you!
Get more details by searching "Android KitKat can not delete files from external SD card" on internet.
● OneClick to search and select.
● Save/load search results.
● Specify path/size to search for.
● Support searching photo/audio/video or custom files.
● Support searching hidden files/folders.
● Support internal/external SD card.
● Support previewing photo/apk/storage.
● Notify you when a search complete.
● Search results are grouped by file size.
● View file content before deleting/excluding it.
● Batch select/deselect files/groups.
● Batch delete/exclude files/groups.
● Batch expand/collapse groups.
>>> Usage Tips:
● Each result group contains both original file and duplicate files, please deselect at least one file as original file!
● Long click folder chooser/result list to get more operations.
● Why do I need this app?
When you repeat download a file from network, or repeat receive a file using Bluetooth, or copy a file to another folder but forget to delete the original, duplicates is produced. The duplicates occupy a lot of Android storage space, it will slow down your file searching speed and prevent you from downloading more Android apps or MP3s.
● How to use?
Step 1. Specify folders to search for(Optional).
Step 2. Specify file extension and/or size limit in "Settings"(Optional).
Step 3. Click "Search" or "OneClick" button.
Step 4. After a search is complete, select unnecessary files for each result group.
Step 5. Delete the selected files.
● What is OneClick?
OneClick is an operation that help you to do search and selection, it does not delete, so after this operation is complete, please check search results carefully, then do deletion operation by clicking on the "Delete Selected Files" button.
● Can't see external SD card?
External SD card no file or mounted as a subfolder of internal. Send /system/etc/vold.fstab or /proc/mounts file to me. Because Android 4.3 removed the vold.fstab, if you have Android 4.3 device, please send your /proc/mounts file to me(firstname.lastname@example.org), thank you!
● Why is the searching so slow?
Try only search internal SD card, it should be fast. Most of the external SD cards has very poor read/write speed on Android device, or it has too many file fragments. To get more details, please search "SD card speed slow" on the internet.
>>> Known issues:
Crash caused by OutOfMemory, if you have too many files to search, it may cause OutOfMemory crash, to avoid this issue, please use file size filter in settings.
Михаил Якимов (Samsung external SD card)
Eugene Sazonov (Translation to Russian)
Tags: files with duplicate names, kinei misty photo comment google, kinei misty hangout.
For external SD card
Support Russian language. Thanks Eugene Sazonov for translation to Russian.
Failed to load result when file name contains "&"
Add selection rule, keep the shortest filename as original