Search2Play is an app that lets you control your device's music playback with a hardware button on the device. Your device must be rooted and have BusyBox installed for it to work. If you're running a custom ROM, you should be set.
It works for any music player that supports bluetooth headphone music controls for playback. Some poorly coded apps don't give up control of the headset hook, and will start playing even if you don't want them to. This is not my fault.
ONLY the following devices are supported:
• Nexus One
• MyTouch 3G
• HTC Evo 4G - Must be UnrEVOked or NAND unlocked
• Samsung Spica
• Droid 1 - Uses the Camera button instead of the Search button. Due to software limitations, I cannot give up the camera button for use elsewhere, so don't ask.
• Droid 2 - Same as Droid 1
• Droid X - Same as Droid 1
• HTC MyTouch 4G - Uses Genius button
• HTC Hero - GSM or CDMA version
• HTC Desire - GSM or CDMA, must be UnrEVOked
DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON ANY PHONE UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY LIST IT IN THE SUPPORTED LIST OR IT WILL BREAK YOUR BACK BUTTON UNTIL YOU REFLASH YOUR ROM! You have been warned!
On the rare chance it would break something, this is completely reversible. Just press the "Restore" button in the app and you'll be back to normal. If even that fails (it shouldn't) the worst case is you will have to reflash your ROM.
Email me or see the website for info. Please buy my game Reflex-A-Tron or donate via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org if you like this! If you have a device request, please email me at email@example.com and I will tell you the files I need you to send me, and I can get a test version to you ASAP.
Tags: search2play , root required , root requiered , search 2play.com , search2play back button not working , headset control music samsung epic , is rooting reversible on evo , search2play problem
from 89 reviews