Secure Data Destruction
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
It will overwrites the actual content of those files, so a file recovery app may be able to restore these files but the content will be destroyed.
You should used it to destroy sensitive files before selling your device.
1. Wipe files: you select one or more files with the checkboxes and press the trash icon. The selected files will be overwritten. After the files are cleaned, they will be truncated, renamed and then deleted.
2. Wipe free space: press the card in the list that you want to wipe. You can choose between the internal memory, an external microsd (FAT) or a USB key (FAT). After a confirmation, it will be filled with temporary files until the card is full to overwrite previously deleted files. These temporary files will be deleted at the end of the operation.
It could take a long time to wipe your data, so you should keep your device plugged during the operation.
If you like this app, please take a moment to rate it. If you are not giving a 5 stars, could you please state the reasons so the app can be improved. Thanks!
Tags: secure wipe, wipe file seure, secure data destruction.
- button pause added
- new icons
- some UI improvements
- updated library
- updated libraries
- fix a crash
- Gutmann method added (35 passes). WARNING: it's very slow.
- You can wipe free space on exfat SD card
- New tab to destroy the files in public directories (DCIM, Music, Movies, ...)
Minor bugs fixed and UI improvements
Minor bug fixed