SetCPU for Root Users
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Overclock to unleash your Android potential
- Underclock to adjust your battery and resources consumption
- CPU usage profiles
- There isn't a trial
- Only for root
SetCPU permits to create profiles to change the CPU speed under certain conditions. The goal is to adapt its performance to different situation: when is charging, when you're surfing, when you're playing 3D games... and so on. Because the CPU doesn't need to fully work all the time, you can save battery and resources just by adjusting it to what it needs every time. You can set up profiles to your liking.
The most of your profiles will be about underclocking (that's it, decreasing the CPU powerful) to extend battery-life. However, you can also accelerate the processor (overclocking) to perform multitasking or those apps that needs high resources consumption.
SetCPU for Root Users has been developed by MichaelHuang, a promising developer who has just launched two apps on market, but who's reaching great success thanks to this app.
If you're root and advanced Android user, SetCPU brings you one of the best tools to control the resources usage and the battery consumption on your Android, by overclocking and underclocking. It's a pity there isn't a trial, because if it was many more users will be hooked up since it's a really great app.
Automate SetCPU with profiles! SetCPU allows you to set up powerful profiles to change your settings under certain conditions, such as what app is running, when the phone is asleep or charging, when the battery level drops below a certain point, when the phone's temperature is too high, or during certain times of day. See the screenshots for examples of how you might set up profiles.
SetCPU's wide feature set make it useful to Android beginners and enthusiasts alike. Accelerate your processor to unleash your phone's true multitasking potential, or dial your CPU's speed down to save battery.
SetCPU also includes a "voltage control" menu, available to certain devices with custom kernels that support it, to control undervolting to save even more battery. Keep in mind that undervolting is only available for certain kernels.
Additional permission: Read logs is used for efficient app condition checking. That is currently all it's used for.
- Completely rewrote profiles.
- Older profiles will automatically be converted into new profiles.
- Added app and day of week in addition to the older conditions, and more are coming.
- Profiles now support combining conditions under logical trees, with nestable "and," "or," and "not" operators available. It is now possible to easily build complex profiles that take the place of multiple profiles in the older version.
- Actions can now be selected individually.
- Profiles can now be marked as "non-exclusive," which means they will not block profiles with lower priorities from evaluating. In this case, the profiles with lower priorities will perform only actions which have not been performed by profiles with higher priorities. SetCPU will keep evaluating profiles until it reaches an "exclusive" profile that evaluates as true.
- All number selectors in profiles are now in the style of the frequency selector in the main tab.
- The new file extension for exported profile settings is ".setcpu.json."
- To prevent ambiguous situations, it's no longer possible to select priorities that have been used by other profiles.
- The CPU temperature sensor on OMAP4 and some other devices should now be supported for profiles. The option will appear if available.
- Notifications are now set as an action per profile and can now be non-persistent.
- SetCPU will still use the main screen as a "default profile" to set if no other profiles are active. It is now possible to specify an alternate default profile by creating an exclusive profile with no conditions at priority 0.
- SetCPU now asks for a file name before backing up profiles to storage.
- It is now possible to share profiles without having the internal/external storage mounted.
- IO scheduler selection has been added via a drop down menu in the main tab.
- Fixed a bug where the short benchmark always reported 0 ms.
- Fixed the labels in the pie graph in system info.
- Fixed some common crashes.
Root: SetCPU needs root permissions to modify the CPU speed and other settings.
Start at boot: SetCPU will start a profiles service at boot, if enabled. It also sets default boot settings, if enabled. SetCPU does not run in the background if profiles are not enabled, and becomes inactive after settings, if any, are applied.
Wake lock: This prevents the phone from sleeping while stress testing and benchmarking.
Write external storage: SetCPU needs to read from and write to the SD card or internal storage to back up profiles.
Read phone state: The "in call" condition needs this to determine if the user is making a phone call or not, and trigger the profile if the user wants to.
Recently changed in this version:
3.0.9: Fixed a display issue with the widget, sorry!
3.0.8: Fixed app profiles in Android 4.2.
3.0.7: Fixed app profiles in Android Jelly Bean.
3.0.6: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) compatibility fixes.
3.0.5: Greatly improved the compatibility of the app profile. If you had app profiles set before that weren't working, try deleting them and re-creating them again.
3.0.4: Fixed a bug with profile priority ordering. The widget should now be updated more often.
Last activity on SetCPU for Root Users
Lists with: SetCPU for Root Users
Comments and ratings for SetCPU for Root Users
All of a sudden it says its not compatible with my phone.... Yeah 2-3 months after i bought it... Now what???
This is an amazing app that will surely save me some power, but it does need the option for location in profiles. Just a thought. Other than that, it would be hard making this better. Excellent work.
Wow!!! This app has boosted my battery life AND increased my CPU performace. It worth every penny and deserves more than 5 stars.
Love SetCPU. Clean interface, and everything just works. Profiles are awesome, and have saved me quite a bit of battery life. BUT, this really should be a 99c app, or, even ad supported. I recommend purchasing it, but remember, it IS overpriced, espec
Tried several settings and didn't see a change in performance or battery life. Set it for performance and my An tu tu test score dropped significantly. Can't say I would recommend this app to anyone. Really disappointing...
The first app you should download after you root your phone!