10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Great UI
- Some imprecisenesses, though usually user's fault.
Smart measure is part of the Smart Tools series by Smart Tools Co. It measures the distance and height of an object through your device camera and use of those trigonometry formulae you should have learnt back in Elementary School.
When testing it, it becomes clear that it's actually rather difficult to teach a phone how three dimensions work. Buildings 60 or 70 feet far may be interpreted as being much nearer than they really are. Don't panic. Calibrate your phone, ask yourself whether you're trying to measure the building next to yours -where you're at a third floor- and try it again. Results aren't the most precise ever (your hands are unsteady after all), but are surprisingly useful. We're telling this because we don't want you to disregard this app because you feel disappointed after giving it a brief go sat on your armchair. By the way, user interface is clean and useful and it's free (ad-supported) and light weighted.
Useful uses we've found while reviewing it: easy: measure how high the ceiling is or how tall is someone. Advanced: measure how high is your neighbor's house looking through the window in your attic.
In short, Smart Measure might not be as smart as it claims, though truth is that you also have to be a little bit smart to make the most of it.
This is the free version. The complete one brings options to measure width and areas and gets you rid of ads.
This rangefinder(telemeter) measures the Distance, Height, Width and Area of a target with your phone by trigonometry.
Usage is simple: just stand up and press the shutter. The important point is aiming the camera at the GROUND, NOT the object. (i.e. In order to measure the distance from someone, aim at his shoes.)
If it is inaccurate, please read the instructions in this app or see the checklist diagram in the blog. The sensors on your phone can be changed by OS version, firmware and battery status.
You can calibrate them with the calibrate menu and settings for yourself.
* Now, 3 tools for distance were completed.
1) Smart Ruler (Short, by touch) : 1-50cm
2) Smart Measure (Medium, trigonometry) : 1-50m
3) Smart Distance (Long, perspective) : 10m-1km
* Pro version added Features:
- No ads
- Width and Area can be measured
- Portrait mode
- Camera Zoom
- Virtual Horizon
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Measure Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
Recently changed in this version:
- v1.5.2 : Action Bar added.
- v1.5.1 : More models calibrated (LG Optimus).
- v1.5.0 : Shutter sound on/off. Nexus 10 support.
- v1.4.7 : More models calibrated (SGS3, Galaxy Note).
- v1.4.4 : Manual Calibration updated.
- v1.4.1 : Camera bug fixed.
- v1.4.0 : 12 languages support.
Last activity on Smart Measure
- dhaneesh317 Downloaded 3d ago
- amin_bubt Downloaded 4d ago
- naseer11 Downloaded 4d ago
- huloams Downloaded May 16, 2013
- practicas Downloaded May 16, 2013
- loumart313 Downloaded May 15, 2013
- leomohololi_2835939 Downloaded May 15, 2013
- MEqaDEth500 Downloaded May 12, 2013
- josemotres Downloaded May 10, 2013
Lists with: Smart Measure
Comments and ratings for Smart Measure
Just black screen... :(
Kind of fun
I turned it on started mesuring then when I turned it of my camera stopped working...tnx alot
Even though I don't use it much. I find it difficult to hold it steady to push the measure button, therefore don't know how accurate it is.
thank smart tools;co