Add-On - SMS Backup & Restore
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Ritesh Sahu
- Automatically upload to Google Drive.
- Automatically upload to Dropbox.
- Send automated emails after a backup.
This app does not appear in the list of apps in the phone launcher. It is used by the SMS Backup & Restore app and gets opened from the "Backup Settings" screen of that app.
It may not work with all devices as the Google Play Services may not be available. Please get in touch with me if you get problems.
This app only has access to its own folder and does not have access to other Dropbox folders.
Check the "Use Browser for Authentication" if you want to use your default/external browser for authentication rather than the built-in functionality.
All the settings on the screen are dependent on the Mail Service Provider that you use. The details about the service can be found on the providers site. Some of the common ones are linked at the bottom of this section.
Sender Email Address: The email address from which the email should be sent.
Recipient Email Address: The email address of the recipient. If you are sending the email to yourself then this will be the same as the Sender Email Address.
SMTP Server: The HostName/IP Address of the email SMTP server. For example: smtp.gmail.com for Gmail.
Port: The port used by the SMTP server. Normally 25/465/587. For example: 465 for Gmail.
Security: The security used for connecting to the SMTP server. Use SSL/TLS for Gmail.
Require Login: Checked if the SMTP server needs you to authenticate before sending emails. Check this for Gmail.
User Name: The user name required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your email address.
Password: The password required to authenticate with the SMTP server. For Gmail, its your Gmail password. If you use 2-step authentication in Gmail, you'll need to generate an application specific password.
Subject: The subject for the email.
Body: The message content for the email.
This App needs access to the following:
* Network communication: To connect to Email/Dropbox/Google servers.
* Your accounts: Used for Google Drive account setup.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to upload when there is no network connectivity.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To read the Backup file on the SD card.
Tags: sms backup & restore addon, google sms backup and restore, backup sms to dropbox, how to backup data sms from to gmail dropbox, sms backup & restore addon v2.03, sms backup & restore google drive, dropbox backup sms call log, sms backup and restore doesnt save subjected messages, call logs backup & restore dropbox, sms backup restore dropbox.
- Updated Dropbox SDK as per their guidelines.
- Fixed bug where upload to Google Drive would create multiple folders.
- Updated styles.
- Fixed a permission denial problem caused by the previous update.
- Simplified Email Settings
- Added support for StartTLS (Hotmail/Outlook.com)
- Added sub-folder support for Google Drive uploads.