SMS Backup & Restore
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Good-looking layout
- Automatic scheduled backups
- Personalized backupping
- Backups in XML format
- It doesn't backup MMS (just SMS)
- We're missing cloud sync
This is another great tool to keep safe one of your most valued data: your SMS. It allows you to backup/restore you SMS which are create in XML format and save by default on the SDcard. However, the XML files can be converted and be viewed on a computer. What's more, you can send the backup file to your e-mail or send it to other cloud service accounts.
What we've seen until now is that it allows to backup just selected conversation (that's it, personalized backup). You can even view backup file contents on the phone and schedule backups not to miss a single SMS in case of losing or robbery.
SMS Backup & Restore has been developed by INFOLIFE LLC, a developer focused on security and system Android apps.
If you just want to backup/restore SMS, this is a good choice due to it good-looking layout, automatic scheduled backups, personalized backupping and sharing options. Recommendable.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox & Google Drive using the Add-On.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
Please note that this app does not support MMS (Picture/Audio/Video) messages.
This app is ad-supported and requires the Internet permissions to display the Ads.
If you do not want ads the they can be disabled from preferences or you can buy the paid version from the Market.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
Developers are not able to respond to comments posted on the market, so if you have question or a problem please either send emails or post them on the website.
This App needs the following permissions to work:
* Storage - modify/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
* Your messages - edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Needed to read SMS during backups and write them during restore.
* Your personal information - read contact data (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To display and store the contact names in the backup file.
* Network communication - full Internet access (android.permission.INTERNET): For displaying Ads.
* Network State - (android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE): Required by the Google Admob Ads so that it can check the state of the network before requesting Ads.
* System tools - prevent phone from sleeping (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
* Hardware controls - control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Read Phone State and Identity - To fix an error caused during Restore on some phones.
* Automatically Start on Boot - Start Scheduled Backups.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
Recently changed in this version:
- Added an alternate Restore method as a workaround for Restore problems on some devices. The app will prompt the user to try the alternate way when the restore fails. It can be manually switched on from Preferences as well. The alternate Restore may result in the Phone App crashing, pressing OK on the message will restart the app. After that Resume Restore.
- Opening the app after a failed Restore will prompt to Resume Restore.
- More bug fixes.
Last activity on SMS Backup & Restore
- lukassal1 Downloaded 2d ago
- thanh phuoc Downloaded May 13, 2013
- arjun9194 Downloaded May 11, 2013
- ocean_1121997 Downloaded May 8, 2013
- phungmaichi2012 Downloaded May 8, 2013
- SACHINGAWADE84 Downloaded May 7, 2013
- winter_princess49 Downloaded May 7, 2013
- nguyendu7 Downloaded May 7, 2013
- amitb21 Downloaded May 5, 2013
Lists with: SMS Backup & Restore
Comments and ratings for SMS Backup & Restore
This was over all this pretty good, although I did have a minor issue that I had to work around. All in all I restored all my texts.
Exactly what I needed to restore just a few important messages from an old iPhone backup to my new Galaxy without overwriting all the others. Thank you!
Thx Google make for this application
Have around 800 messages backup. It keeps telling failed restore and null error message now. Also message app is now no longer opening! Help!
Does what it says