Sound Meter Pro
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Light weighted
- Free, no ads
- Halfway a curiosity and a tool.
Measure environmental noise.
Sound Meter is just one of those apps you would have never imagined we ever have. Not so many years ago, sound meters belong to cops knocking on your door at your college parties and brainy technicians and physicists talking about sound waves. At some point within, there were those clap'o'meters used in fancy TV shows and roadhouse amateur contests. Who was able to tell that your phone would be able to measure decibels?
Honestly, it isn't a panacea, so if you actually work on something important, this app won't be precise enough and it can be easily deceived. Anyway, even when it gets lost when there's too much noise and it seems to haphazardly give results when in silence, it's a great idea and worthy of being installed. As it's lightweighted there's no harm in having it, because one never knows when it may be useful.
This a Pro version comes with added features (stats...) and no ads.
SPL(sound pressure level) meter app uses your built-in microphone to measure noise volume in decibels(db), and shows a reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB(A).
REMEMBER!! The smart phone microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB).
Therefore the maximum values are LIMITED by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound(100+ db) cannot be recognized. Moto Droid (max.100), Galaxy S3 (81dB), Galaxy Note (91dB), Galaxy S2 (98dB), HTC Desire(82dB)...
Vibrometer app uses the phone sensors to measure vibration or the earthquake, and it shows a reference as a seism detector.
The measured values are the Modified Mercalli Intensity scale(MMI), and just for reference.
If it is inaccurate, you can calibrate it so that the maximum value is about 10-11.
* Pro version added Features:
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu with saving log data
- CSV file exporting
- Level notification
- Line-chart duration
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** Not Compatible with: Xperia(X8, X10 mini), LG(Optimus One, P350), GT-I9001, ZTE, etc
- v2.4.4 : OS4.4 Kitkat and Nexus 5 support.
- v2.4.3 : Minor fix.
- v2.4.2 : more models calibrated.
- v2.4.1 : 2nd-gen Nexus 7 support.
- v2.4.0 : ActionBar added. 7' Tablet PC fix.
- v2.3.3 : Nexus 10 and SGS4 support.
- v2.3.2 : Screen capture added.
- v2.3.1 : Nexus 7 support.
- v2.3.0 : Export data as CSV file.
- DIEGO A. Downloaded 4d ago
- Real O. Downloaded Dec 13, 2013
- Gino P. Downloaded Dec 12, 2013
- Flair58 .. Downloaded Dec 3, 2013
- Alessio P. Downloaded Nov 20, 2013
- Pavel I. Downloaded Nov 16, 2013
- นายดนัย เ. Downloaded Nov 15, 2013
- Kevin D. Downloaded Oct 22, 2013
- Rog R. Downloaded Oct 21, 2013
I work in planning and a good sound meter is always helpful. However the extra features ie graph, is great for reports.
Im a musician
Doesn't measure past 94db. Very unreliable.
It gives me information that I need to prove I dont make the noise they say I make .
I APPRECIATE THE HARD EVIDENCE IT PROVIDES FOR RELATIVE NOISE LEVELS.