10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Intuitive UI
- Range of features
- Nothing special
SuperSU is a superuser access management tool [ROOT]
Root... that magic word. Being root is nothing but having superuser access to your device. The range of actions you can perform with such administrator permissions is just huge and this isn't the place where to list all of them. However, one of the best way of making the most of it is by using a comprehensive app like SuperSU.
It's basically divided in three categories: apps, logs and settings. From apps you can view those apps that you have granted SU permissions, forget them, set notifications and manage logging (Pro only) and force user (Pro only). From logs you can check out the history usage of SU permissions. From settings, a wide range of features can be managed: temporary unroot, re-authentication, ghost mode, clear logs, launcher icon, theme, logging and default access. It allows even unroot your device if needed.
Set in a quite intuitive UI, SuperSU offers those basic tools that an advanced Android user need. If you need something else that what you SU app manager allows you to do, maybe it's time to switch to ChainFire's option.
!!! SuperSU requires a rooted device !!!
SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU has been built from the ground up to counter a number of problems with other Superuser access management tools.
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn't properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
- Convert to /system app
- Complete unroot
- Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies
- Icon selectable from 5 options + invisible
- Theme selectable from 4 options
- Launch from dialer: *#*#1234#*#* or *#*#7873778#*#* (*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)
NOTE: Not all phones take both codes. On some phones you need to use single *# instead of double *#*#
The Pro version additionally offers:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- Grant/deny root to an app for a set amount of time
- PIN protection
- Per-app PIN protection
- Adjust auto-deny countdown
The discussion and support thread can be found on XDA-Developers here:
This is meant to replace Superuser (if installed), you use either one or the other. You cannot combine them. Statements that this breaks Superuser are therefore completely nonsensical.
NOTICE: A SPECIAL PROCEDURE IS NEEDED FOR UNINSTALLATION. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE APP, DO *NOT* JUST UNINSTALL IT, YOU *WILL* LOSE ROOT.
Superuser access management runs through a so called "su binary". There can be only one of these at a time. So if you install SuperSU, your previous superuser access management solution will no longer operate. So if you want to switch back: (1) Open that application, and search for an option for it to install/update/replace the "su binary". (2) Confirm root-using apps are using the superuser solution you want. (3) Uninstall SuperSU.
Want to help translate SuperSU ? See http://www.getlocalization.com/supersu/ !
- Add --mount-master option to su binary
- Fix for am crash (no GUI popups) when daemonsu started from an exceptionally early init.d
- Improved terminal support (changing dimensions)
- Remove daemonsu STDOUT/STDERR noise
- Cleaned custom process names
- Updated language files
- New -cn/--context parameter for su binary (devs: see How-To SU update)
- Fixed reading dynamic properties on 4.4 (update ASAP if 4.4 user)
- Add support for Samsung 4.4
Every time I boot my phone "SuperSU has stopped working". Reinstalling works until you reboot the next time. ALSO - Chainfire, your CF Autoroot package for the i9305 contains the wrong networking file (param_bin)! I spent my entire Saturday trying to figu
It doesnt work in 4.3 SGS3. Got problem with su binary and I had to downgrade ti 1.91 with apk file :( Please fix it soon in next update
I recommend this app to all vpn users
after installing supersu successfully,i instaled freedom and gamekiller then after granting them. it kept denying them for no reason fix the problem and i will rate 5
Saying tht insufficient storage while I have 3gb free memory