10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Intuitive UI
- Range of features
- Nothing special
+ By Chainfire
SuperSU is a superuser access management tool [ROOT]
Root... that magic word. Being root is nothing but having superuser access to your device. The range of actions you can perform with such administrator permissions is just huge and this isn't the place where to list all of them. However, one of the best way of making the most of it is by using a comprehensive app like SuperSU.
It's basically divided in three categories: apps, logs and settings. From apps you can view those apps that you have granted SU permissions, forget them, set notifications and manage logging (Pro only) and force user (Pro only). From logs you can check out the history usage of SU permissions. From settings, a wide range of features can be managed: temporary unroot, re-authentication, ghost mode, clear logs, launcher icon, theme, logging and default access. It allows even unroot your device if needed.
Set in a quite intuitive UI, SuperSU offers those basic tools that an advanced Android user need. If you need something else that what you SU app manager allows you to do, maybe it's time to switch to ChainFire's option.
!!! SuperSU requires a rooted device !!!
SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU has been built from the ground up to counter a number of problems with other Superuser access management tools.
- Superuser access prompt
- Superuser access logging
- Superuser access notifications
- Per-app notification configuration
- Temporary unroot
- Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
- Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
- Works when Android isn't properly booted
- Works with non-standard shell locations
- Always runs in ghost mode
- Wake on prompt
- Convert to /system app
- Complete unroot
- Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies
- Icon selectable from 5 options + invisible
- Theme selectable from 4 options
- Launch from dialer: *#*#1234#*#* or *#*#7873778#*#* (*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)
NOTE: Not all phones take both codes. On some phones you need to use single *# instead of double *#*#
The Pro version additionally offers:
- OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
- Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
- Per-app logging configuration
- Per-app user override
- Grant/deny root to an app for a set amount of time
- PIN protection
- Per-app PIN protection
- Adjust auto-deny countdown
The discussion and support thread can be found on XDA-Developers here:
This is meant to replace Superuser (if installed), you use either one or the other. You cannot combine them. Statements that this breaks Superuser are therefore completely nonsensical.
NOTICE: A SPECIAL PROCEDURE IS NEEDED FOR UNINSTALLATION. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE APP, DO *NOT* JUST UNINSTALL IT, YOU *WILL* LOSE ROOT.
Superuser access management runs through a so called "su binary". There can be only one of these at a time. So if you install SuperSU, your previous superuser access management solution will no longer operate. So if you want to switch back: (1) Open that application, and search for an option for it to install/update/replace the "su binary". (2) Confirm root-using apps are using the superuser solution you want. (3) Uninstall SuperSU.
Want to help translate SuperSU ? See http://www.getlocalization.com/supersu/ !
These are completely optional and more like donations. They do not unlock any functionality.
If you get two icons for SuperSU, go into SuperSU's settings and select which one you want, the other one will disappear.
- /system/su.d now executed for all daemonsu firmwares
- Adjust sysinit context
- Skip reverse connection watch on supolicy roms
- Fixed daemonsu not starting on truly permissive Lollipop
- Adjust daemonisation code
- Watch for and kill dead per-uid daemonsu
- Fix crash on clearing logs on 2.x
- Fix possible NPE on: open, en/disable root
- Updated language files
There isnt any SU binary in it.. Help me..
A MustHave App 4 Android Users
The link tp xda is dead :(
I love it you can fixed it
One word, great
If you have lux, enable alternate overlay.
Excellent!!!! And very easy to used it. :) excellent manager to use root in android os.