5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Scott Warner
Root is required for Android 4.1+, and recommended for all versions.
Log types supported:
* Kernel logs (dmsg)
* Last kernel log (last_kmsg, if device supports it)
* Main log (Logcat)
* Modem log
After taking logs, it compresses them into a single zip, and allows you to share or upload them right away - great for helping debug system issues.
You can also include notes within the zip, and append up to 10 characters to the file name.
New feature in v1.2: Grep the logs for a string. This will run the logs through grep before adding them to the zip. This is case sensitive! It will also automatically add a line to the end of the notes describing which logs and what string was used.
All the source is available at https://github.com/Tortel/SysLog
Licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2.
Uses libsuperuser by Jorrit 'Chainfire' Jongma, available at https://github.com/Chainfire/libsuperuser and the ActionBarSherlock compatibility library available at http://actionbarsherlock.com/
v1.3 (August 24, 2013)
- Fixes for SU on Android 4.3
- Some code cleanup
v1.2.2 (June 15, 2013)
- Add ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission
- Fix a null pointer exception
- Update ActionBarSherlock to version 4.3.1
- Update libsuperuser to the latest version
v1.2.1 (Feb 8, 2013)
- New feature: Grep the logs for a string. See the app description for more information.
- Use the ActionBarSherlock compatibility library to create a uniform appearance
- Enable rotation and landscape layout (Also fixes crashes on keyboard open)
- Improve the layout - it now scrolls (Sorry hdpi devices!)
- Make sure the main logs directory has a .nomedia file
- Fix for running multiple times within a minute (Sorry for the multiple updates, this bothered me)
v1.1 (Jan 19, 2013)
- Automatically disable log types if not supported (Modem and last_kmsg)
- Show the directory where the logs are saved in the toast when done
Tags: syslog, github syslog, 4 syslog file, syslog github, how to get syslog, syslog tool, remote syslog, comtortelsyslog/comtortelsyslog.
v1.5.2 (November 24, 2013)
- Attempt to fix a bug from a specific system/kernel mix
v1.5.1 (November 11, 2013)
- Add more debugging info to a bug report
v1.5 (September 28, 2013)
- Update ActionBarSherlock and libsuperuser
- New error handling system
- It now describes errors, and tries to offer some advice on how to resolve
- Option to email a bug report
- Added an FAQ (Check in the menu)
- It now requires you to have at least one log type selected