500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- This app should come preinstalled on every Android.
- Not all options available for every device.
+ By Crafty Apps EU
The perfect complement to Android OS
We all agree that Android is about freedom, customization and, in the end, to put together all the things you'd want you phone does. In short, if it will be with you all day long, it shall at least be the way you need it is.
Tasker does nearly anything that Android OS should do by default. Indeed, it allows to set any known setting in the most useful and creative ways, presetting orders by place and time, scheduling app usage and even linking certain functions to an action. Have an easy example: "I want to connect to wifi whenever I plug it in the charger". Liked that? Here's an other: "I want to turn the sound off when I am in the library". C'mon, I'm sure you'll like it: "I want to add passwords to this and that app, but leave the rest unlocked". If you check its developers website, you'll find quite a few examples and creative ideas to make the most of your Android.
If I have to argue why Tasker deserves a 5 out of 5 rating, I could do it in just one sentence: you can download Tasker or you can go root. Either way, your Android will be as it was meant to be.
We're much impressed by Tasker. Sure, it isn't a cheap app, but it should be one of the first apps you install on a brand new device. In short, Android needs Tasker. Essential.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
***** Plugin Support Petition *****
If you have an app you want to automate with Tasker, support this user-organised petition:
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad, Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
Mainly bugfix release for 4.4.
Theres a little learning curve to this guy. Follow some online examples at first. It a task doesnt work at first, try adding a delay task. Once aquainted with the contexts/triggers and how to easily get to the items you want to control, you'll love this thing. It makes life easy. Goodbye annoying notifications when listening to music in my car. Goodbye camera shutter sounds. No more needing to re
Will totally change your mindset towards your phone. Amazing.
Way to go
Most versatile and useful app ever... Automate your phone to do almost anything you want! Steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of everything it is infinitely useful. I've been actively using this app for a couple years now and am still designing new profiles and discovering capabilities I never new were there.
Easily do any and all the little cool things you'd want to write just for yourself if you're a programmer like me. Stuff that rocks but wouldn't be worth the time and wouldn't be half as reliable as a five minute tasker job! Wicked cool app, no need to be a programmer to rock this but a geek mind and few minutes of tutorials will make you most happy here!
Worth even more than it costs. There's just sooo much you can do.