100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- This app should come preinstalled on every Android.
- Not all options available for every device.
The perfect complement to Android OS
We all agree that Android is about freedom, customization and, in the end, to put together all the things you'd want you phone does. In short, if it will be with you all day long, it shall at least be the way you need it is.
Tasker does nearly anything that Android OS should do by default. Indeed, it allows to set any known setting in the most useful and creative ways, presetting orders by place and time, scheduling app usage and even linking certain functions to an action. Have an easy example: "I want to connect to wifi whenever I plug it in the charger". Liked that? Here's an other: "I want to turn the sound off when I am in the library". C'mon, I'm sure you'll like it: "I want to add passwords to this and that app, but leave the rest unlocked". If you check its developers website, you'll find quite a few examples and creative ideas to make the most of your Android.
If I have to argue why Tasker deserves a 5 out of 5 rating, I could do it in just one sentence: you can download Tasker or you can go root. Either way, your Android will be as it was meant to be.
We're much impressed by Tasker. Sure, it isn't a cheap app, but it should be one of the first apps you install on a brand new device. In short, Android needs Tasker. Essential.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad, Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, Bluetooth, Bluetooth ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi (set/toggle), Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax (set/toggle)
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS (Templated), Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* ZOOM: Element Position, Size, State, Visibility, Text Size, Text, Image, Text Colour, Image Alpha
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, Bluetooth Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked (Any/Desk/Car), Headset Plugged (Any/Mic/No Mic), Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network (Any/2G/3G), Orientation (Face Up etc), Power Any/AC/USB, Proximity Sensor, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock, Alarm Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera Button, Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Idle/Offhook/Ringing, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Device Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, Email Received (K9), Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker (Locked,Unlocked,Hidden)
Tasker has different versions for 4.0+ devices and 1.6+ devices.
v4.2u1, 4.2u2, 4.2u3
* major update to scenes
* various bugfixes and minor improvements
- Anna G. Reviewed Dec 2, 2013
- William H. Downloaded Nov 30, 2013
- Nikos P. Downloaded Oct 28, 2013
- Ahmed E. Downloaded Sep 23, 2013
- Josh C. Downloaded Sep 18, 2013
- Matthieu P. Downloaded Sep 18, 2013
- Tookie015 Downloaded Aug 12, 2013
- David S. Downloaded Aug 10, 2013
- adityagalih Downloaded Jul 21, 2013
I'm new to android but having a lot of fun automating things for my phone with this app. Definitely worth the money.
Great app very useful
* * * * *
This think does everything. It may be confusing at first so watch some tutorials.
I switched from iPhone to Android because of Tasker and the power it gave me to take back control of my phone from the os. It really is a powerful app but unfortunately the interface is way too confusing and I used to be a systems developer. So I switched
not east to learn and get into, but once you have it's a great tool
Lot of possibilities