100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- This app should come preinstalled on every Android.
- Not all options available for every device.
We all agree that Android is about freedom, customization and, in the end, to put together all the things you'd want you phone does. In short, if it will be with you all day long, it shall at least be the way you need it is.
Tasker does nearly anything that Android OS should do by default. Indeed, it allows to set any known setting in the most useful and creative ways, presetting orders by place and time, scheduling app usage and even linking certain functions to an action. Have an easy example: "I want to connect to wifi whenever I plug it in the charger". Liked that? Here's an other: "I want to turn the sound off when I am in the library". C'mon, I'm sure you'll like it: "I want to add passwords to this and that app, but leave the rest unlocked". If you check its developers website, you'll find quite a few examples and creative ideas to make the most of your Android.
If I have to argue why Tasker deserves a 5 out of 5 rating, I could do it in just one sentence: you can download Tasker or you can go root. Either way, your Android will be as it was meant to be.
We're much impressed by Tasker. Sure, it isn't a cheap app, but it should be one of the first apps you install on a brand new device. In short, Android needs Tasker. Essential.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad, Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, Bluetooth, Bluetooth ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi (set/toggle), Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax (set/toggle)
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS (Templated), Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* ZOOM: Element Position, Size, State, Visibility, Text Size, Text, Image, Text Colour, Image Alpha
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, Bluetooth Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked (Any/Desk/Car), Headset Plugged (Any/Mic/No Mic), Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network (Any/2G/3G), Orientation (Face Up etc), Power Any/AC/USB, Proximity Sensor, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock, Alarm Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera Button, Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Idle/Offhook/Ringing, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Device Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, Email Received (K9), Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker (Locked,Unlocked,Hidden)
Recently changed in this version:
Tasker has been split into versions for 4.0+ devices and 1.6+ devices.
* mostly bugfixes
* UI updated for holo look-and-feel with selectable themes
* 200 built-in icons each in holo light and dark
* internal cleanup of deprecated APIs
* several new states, events and actions
* many incremental improvements and bugfixes
* fixed crash when selecting scene in an action
* various incremental improvements and bugfixes
Last activity on Tasker
Lists with: Tasker
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
Comments and ratings for Tasker
There's a lot of potential for this kind of app. I hope this should become standard in Android. Now I have to uninstall some of my apps because of this. :)
Does what it says and more. It is a must have app
Tasker has really taken my phone to a new level. Can't believe that I waited so long to buy it. Well worth the money!
This program replaces all those battery savers, conditional call blockers, and any number of other apps on the market that automate some function on your phone. If your phone is capable, this can be programmed to take the fullest advantage of it. Want it
I feel for the Dev because I know they're trying to do something cool, but the UX is brutal. It's actually gotten worse now that they are misusing Holo patterns... It's absolutely bewildering now. Giving it a 2 for potential.
Wow... Really? Take the time to figure this app out. The ultimate customizer. I'm shocked. [Clap clap]
I have various profile that will trigger keyguard to go off for example when connected to a certain WiFi or when I'm at home.but the problem is, the keyguard won't go off, it just continue to go on as usual as if I never set any command.please fix this bu