500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The app includes a setup screen and a re-sizable 1x1 toggle widget.
The widget can be used to quickly toggle the security setting between enabled and disabled. The widget shows green when security is enabled, and red when security is disabled.
Display notifications can be set on or off to show when security has been disabled. If notifications are set to on, a warning icon is displayed in the notification bar when security is disabled (note, not when security is enabled). The notification can then be selected to quickly re-enable security.
Note that when you re-start your device, even if you had previously disabled security, you will be required to enter your PIN, Pattern or Password. After you have keyed the code in the first time after re-start, the security will then be automatically disabled again if that was the setting before you switched your device off.
The Android security model has changed across different versions so this has been extensively tested on the following devices:
- a Galaxy Ace phone running Android version 2.3.6
- a Galaxy S3 phone running Android version 4.0.4
- a Galaxy Tablet 10.1 running Android version 4.0.4
- a Google Nexus tablet running Android version 4.2.1
The app seems to work well on all of these version.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In Android version 4.0.n, when phone security is disabled, selecting a notification will display the lock screen. I'm afraid that this seems to be a feature of this version of Android, and there is nothing I can do about it, despite a lot of investigation. I have worked hard to find a way to then ensure that security is disabled again once you have entered your pattern, PIN or password, without having to toggle security settings again. I think I have been able to make this work satisfactorily. I hope it works ok on your device.
Enable Disable Security Keyguard On Off Pattern PIN Password Lock Unlock
Tags: quick unlock on pin/password with toggle, password screen lock toggle, toggle security pin on off.
Bug fix release:
- fixed notification icon size, which was not displaying properly for some devices/android versions
- fixed widget defect appearing on Nexus devices, where widget was not re-enabling security
- fixed widget defect on other devices where security was not always re-enabled immediately when toggled back on
- changed wording for some messages