10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
• 6 specially optimized GPS modes to reduce battery drain
• upload to OpenCellId.org project
• export to SD card as CSV or GPX
• built-in help in all supported languages
• ad-free, forever!
This application works ONLY on the GSM and UMTS based networks, no CDMA support!
The OpenCellID.org project goal is to create a worldwide open source database of GSM cell locations. Tower Collector gives you opportunity to contribute in OpenCellID project by uploading GSM cell towers' locations from your area. Collected data can be used to quickly locate devices without enabling GPS.
Available in: English, German, Spanish and Polish. Please help me translate it to other languages, visit http://i18n.zamojski.info/
This application does not collect, store or send any information which can be used to directly identify user, device which is being used or any other personal information.
BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUEST VIA EMAIL PLEASE.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - to read GPS location and cell details.
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to check network type.
• INTERNET - to upload measurements to OpenCellID.org database.
• READ_PHONE_STATE - to read mobile network and signal strength changes.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to export measurements to file on SD Card.
OpenCellID, GSM, UMTS, GPS, CellID, LAC, MCC, MNC, Location Area Code, Mobile Country Code, Mobile Network Code, cell tower, BTS, Node-B, base station, signal, latitude, longitude, provider, operator, open source, locations, localization, positioning, coordinates, GPX.
Tags: cell id collector 102, mobile tower collector, source code opencellid, tower signal bts.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH UPLOAD PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION INSTALLED!!!
• Fixed unable to start upload when valid API key entered.
• Fixed wrong result shown when uploading with not registered API key.
• Fixed problems with crashes on some devices.
• Added possibility to upload data even when entered API key is invalid.
• Fixed problem with crash on some Samsung devices - new permission required.