10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
• 6 specially optimized GPS modes to reduce battery drain
• upload to OpenCellId.org project
• export to SD card as CSV or GPX
• built-in help in all supported languages
• ad-free, forever!
The OpenCellID.org project goal is to create a worldwide open source database of mobile cell locations. Tower Collector gives you opportunity to contribute in OpenCellID project by uploading cell towers' locations from your area. Collected data can be used to quickly locate devices without enabling GPS.
Available in: English, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish. Please help me translate it to other languages, visit http://i18n.zamojski.info/
This application does not collect, store or send any information which can be used to directly identify user, device which is being used or any other personal information.
BUG REPORTS AND FEATURE REQUEST VIA EMAIL PLEASE.
• ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - to read GPS location and cell details.
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - to check network type.
• INTERNET - to upload measurements to OpenCellID.org database.
• READ_PHONE_STATE - to read mobile network and signal strength changes.
• WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to export measurements to file on SD Card.
OpenCellID, GSM, UMTS, CDMA, GPS, CellID, LAC, MCC, MNC, Location Area Code, Mobile Country Code, Mobile Network Code, cell tower, BTS, Node-B, base station, signal, latitude, longitude, provider, operator, open source, locations, localization, positioning, coordinates, GPX.
Tags: mobile tower collector, source code opencellid, tower signal bts, cell id collector 102.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH UPLOAD PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION INSTALLED!!!
• Added support for CDMA networks.
• Added Portuguese language. Thank you guys for your time :)
• Improved empty or invalid API key handling.
• Improved collecting algorithm.
• Improved upload error handling.
• Improved introduction on first start.
• Fixed unable to start upload when valid API key entered.