True Bearing is a simple app that displays orientation and distance from your current location to some point-of-interest (a runway, a dive spot, a geocache, the 9th green, etc) using Google maps and your mobile device's GPS & internal compass. A point-of-interest (POI) can be selected using the map, entered using latitude and longitude, set from your current location, or recalled from memory.
Possible uses include: aviation, diving, golf, hunting, and geocaching. Set a POI from your current location when you park and use True Bearing to find you car later.
• Tracks your current location and the current true heading of your android device
• Select a point-of-interest (POI) using Google maps, by entering latitude and longitude explicitly, or from your current location
• Allows one to save a recall POIs
• Displays in street mode or satellite view mode
• Displays distance in: feet, yards, meters, kilometers, miles, or nautical miles
• Several bugs were fixed
• General stability enhancements were implemented
• The ability to save and recall POIs
• Various auto-fit modes to help position and scale the map.
• A new GUI that enables one to easily:
- Set the POI from your current location
- Bring up the lat/log POI dialog
- Center and Fit the current bearing on the screen
- Save and recall POIs
• Various other small change
Tags: true bearing , bearing , how to display bearing fix on a map , true bering , true bearing from google , stars true bearing , ring , show actual bearing , gps script bearing