50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Valarm LLC
Valarm monitors external and built-in sensors on a device to create an all-in-one remote environmental monitor and tracking device.
Built-in sensor support includes:
- Accelerometer (motion)
- GPS (speed, geofencing)
- Microphone (audio)*
- Ambient light
Valarm also works with most Bluetooth OBDII (OBD2) adapters to monitor a vehicle's status, and ties that data to its location via GPS. OBD2 sensors currently include throttle position, speed, engine RPMs, and coolant temperature. See http://www.valarm.net/obd2 for more details about Valarm's OBDII support.
On devices with OTG or USB Host Mode, Valarm Pro can use Yoctopuce USB sensors to monitor and alert based on various factors:
- CO2 levels
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Any sensor which operates by altering electric resistance (switches, potentiometers, water levels, flooding, weight)
- Ambient temperature
- Relative humidity
- Barometric pressure
(Valarm compatible sensors are available at http://shop.valarm.net . See http://www.valarm.net/yoctopuce for more details on USB sensors.)
Valarm responds to configurable triggers, (limits/thresholds) set by you on each sensor:
- Send SMS/text msg
- Send email
- Post to Valarm Tools website ( http://tools.valarm.net )
- Play an alarm sound
- Take a photo
- Record audio*
In other words, you can configure Valarm to send a text, email, or post to your account on http://tools.valarm.net, when any sensor is triggered by your settings, for example:
- Your vehicle goes too far, too fast, too close to a forbidden area (geofence), the accelerator is "floored" or the engine raced.
- The school or board room's CO2 levels go above 1500 ppm and productivity is dropping fast!
- Someone runs off with your camera bag/guitar/motorcycle
- Your A/C breaks down and your servers are overheating
- The lights go out on your aquarium or hydroponics rig
- Monitor and alert you of flooding/presence of water on the floor or in a tub
- The humidity in your greenhouse drops and your orchids are drying up!
Text and email messages include the GPS location of the device at the moment the sensor is triggered, and the value reported by the sensor. Other responses configure Valarm to record audio* or take photos when someone is tampering with your property.
Valarm's interval timer allows you to automatically record the status of all configured sensors at regular intervals (data logging), including taking photos and recording audio*. This allows you to graph all values on the tools.valarm.net website, as well as plot all locations on maps.
Valarm integrates with http://tools.valarm.net to provide mapping, graphing, historical analysis, and data export to CSV or KML for analysis in programs like Excel, Esri ArcGIS, MatLAB, Quantum GIS, and Google Earth (see www.valarm.net for examples and tutorials). A basic account for a single device is free, and allows you to see all sensor values posted by your Valarm equipped device, plotted on a Google Map. Subscriber accounts enable additional tools (full details at valarm.net) and allow an unlimited number of devices to be integrated, recorded, and managed on the web.
NOTE: Devices running Android older than 3.1 can use Valarm Classic, which does not include support for external USB sensors. Valarm Classic is compatible with all devices back to Android 2.2, however on newer devices (Android 3.1 or newer) the camera will not function. Valarm Pro is designed to support these devices, and also includes support for USB-attached sensors.
* Audio recording is considered "beta" and known to be unstable on some devices.
Tags: valarm, valarm pro, remote monitor valarm.
- Custom/detailed config of SMS/Text and Email alerts allows selection of specific sensors/thresholds to trigger SMS or email alerts.
- Support Yoctopuce Yocto-VOC and Yocto-CO2 for monitoring CO2 and VOCs
- Support for Yoctopuce Yocto-Knob
- Fixed crash on devices with no GPS hardware
- Support for Yocto-Light sensor
- Added calibration for ambient light sensors
- Fixed a minor bug in email-sending UI