10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Valarm LLC
Valarm is the Versatile Asset Locator And Remote Monitor. Valarm transforms an Android device into a powerful tool for three major purposes: Remote Environmental Monitoring, Mobile Data Acquisition, and Vehicle/Asset Tracking.
Valarm monitors the built-in sensors on a device to create an all-in-one tracking device and remote environmental monitor.
Built-in sensor support includes:
- Accelerometer (motion)
- GPS (speed, geofencing)
- Microphone (audio)**
- Ambient light
Valarm also works with most Bluetooth OBDII (OBD2) adapters to monitor a vehicle's status, and ties that data to its location via GPS. OBD2 sensors currently include throttle position, speed, engine RPMs, and coolant temperature. See valarm.net/obd2 for more details about Valarm's OBDII support.
On devices with OTG or USB Host Mode, Valarm Pro can use Yoctopuce USB sensors to monitor and alert based on various factors:
- CO2 levels
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Any sensor which operates by altering electric resistance
- Ambient temperature
- Relative humidity
- Barometric pressure
(See valarm.net/yoctopuce for more details on USB sensors.)
Valarm responds to configurable triggers, (limits/thresholds) set by you on each sensor:
- Send SMS/text msg
- Send email
- Post to Valarm Tools website
- Play an alarm sound
- Take a photo
- Record audio**
In other words, you can configure Valarm to send a text, email, or post to your account on tools.valarm.net, when any sensor is triggered by your settings, for example:
- Your vehicle goes too far, too fast, too close to a forbidden area (geofence), the accelerator is "floored" or the engine raced.
- The school or board room's CO2 levels go above 1500 ppm and productivity is dropping fast!
- Someone runs off with your camera bag/guitar/motorcycle
- Your A/C breaks down and your servers are overheating
- The lights go out on your aquarium or hydroponics rig
- Monitor and alert you of flooding/presence of water on the floor or in a tub
- The humidity in your greenhouse drops and your orchids are drying up!
Text and email messages include the GPS location of the device at the moment the sensor is triggered, and the value reported by the sensor. Other responses configure Valarm to record audio** or take photos when someone is tampering with your property.
Valarm's interval timer allows you to automatically record the status of all configured sensors at regular intervals (data logging), including taking photos and recording audio**. This allows you to graph all values on the tools.valarm.net website, as well as plot all locations on maps.
Valarm integrates with tools.valarm.net to provide mapping, graphing, historical analysis, and data export to CSV or KML for analysis in programs like Excel, ESRI ArcGIS, MatLAB, Quantum GIS, and Google Earth (see valarm.net for examples and tutorials). A basic account for a single device is free, and allows you to see all sensor values posted by your Valarm equipped device, plotted on a Google Map. Subscriber accounts enable additional tools (full details at valarm.net) and allow an unlimited number of devices to be integrated, recorded, and managed on the web.
Android phones and tablets are inexpensive and readily available: Valarm allows you to use them in powerful new ways. Depending on your use-case, consider acquiring a dedicated device to use Valarm to its fullest potential.
* Valarm Classic is compatible with all devices back to Android 2.2, however on newer devices (Android 3.1 or newer) the camera will not function. Valarm Pro is designed to support these devices, and also includes support for USB-attached sensors.
** Audio recording is considered "beta" and known to be unstable on some devices.
Tags: remote monitor android valarm, valarm.
Recently changed in this version:
- New: Support for Yoctopuce Yocto-VOC and Yocto-CO2 allows remote monitoring and alerting on CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- New: Support for the incredibly useful Yoctopuce Yocto-Knob switch/potentiometer sensor
- Fixed: Immediate crash on devices with no GPS hardware
- Support for Yocto-Light sensor
- Added calibration for ambient light sensors
- Fixed a minor bug in email-sending UI