by: Tao Wang • 246
VBoxManage Android is an easy-to-use VirtualBox monitor and controller on your mobile.
It can easily monitor the virtual machines status, and power on/off them if you like. For job like this, you will never need a PC again. You can control them on your mobile, at any time and any where you like.
* Monitor Server's accessibility;
* Monitor VirtualBox virtual machines' running status;
* Power on/off VirtualBox virtual machines;
* Show SSH connection's command log;
* Show VBoxSVC.log;
* Show VBox.log for each virtual machine;
* Show VirtualBox metrics (performance counter);
* Save Logs to SD card or External Storage as a ZIP file;
* Share the saved log zip file to other apps, such as Gmail, Dropbox, Evernote, etc.;
* specify SSH port;
* fetch and show virtual machine screenshot;
* Add domain name support for host address;
* Improved UI for tablet;
* User can specify whether should check server availibility before SSH connection;
* User can specify how to start the virtual machine by default in Settings;
* User can specify how to stop virtual machine by default in Settings;
* No additional software need to be installed on server in most case;
VBoxManage Android controls the virtual machine by 'VBoxManage' command via SSH connection. So, everything you need to provide are a Linux SSH server address and login information, and make sure the login user is able to execute 'VBoxManage' command to control the virtual machines. It's not necessary to install any additional software on your server.
The virtual machine can be started as Headless mode, which is typical in server environment. So, please make sure the virtual machine is ready to boot in headless mode if you choose headless in the settings. For more information about Headless mode, see:
VBoxManage Android is in active development stage. Any suggestions or bug reports are welcome. More features will coming soon.
Tags: vboxmanager , virtualbox on tablet , vmboxmanage , virtualbox tablet appszoom , vboxmanage