VMLite VNC Server allows you to remotely view and control your android phone or tablet from a desktop computer or from another mobile device using the popular VNC protocol.
This app works on rooted and non-rooted android devices. However, for non-rooted devices, every time after turning the device completely off and on, you will have to connect your device to a Windows PC or Mac using a USB cable, then run a free desktop program, VMLite Android App Controller, to start the server on your device. Once the server is started, you can disconnect your device. If you don't turn your device off (but just let it "sleep"), then the server will continue running for months, if desired.
You can download our desktop program using this link:
If you can't start the server on your device, e.g., S3, Nexus 7/10, try to change to Camera Device(PTP), instead of Media Device(MTP).
- no need to root your android devices
- supports WIFI and USB connections. Coming soon: 3G/Internet/P2P access from any firewalls w/o any configuration.
- supports WIFI hotspot in case there is no WIFI and no USB connection. You can turn on your android device's Tethering and portable hotspot, so your PC or another device can connect.
- works on API level 7 and above, including Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, ICS and Jelly Beans, up to Android 4.2.
- supports ARM and X86 devices.
- supports typical VNC clients, TightVNC, Real VNC, etc.
- supports Java enabled browsers. You can connect to the android device from a browser using a Java applet
- supports HTML5 compatible browsers, you can connect to your android device without any other installations
- supports auto rotation and remote rotation
- supports navigation bar at bottom with special key, Home, Back, Menu, etc.
- supports reverse connections to vnc viewers running in listening modes
- supports VNC password
- supports scale and rotation
- two-way clipboard support (text only)
- full mouse and keyboard control
- supports special keys, such as Home, Back, Menu, Search, Power, etc.
- supports long press keys, e.g., you can press and hold the search key
- supports mouse wheel
- supports swipe/fling gestures
- auto turn on screen when you press any key from VNC client
- supports start on boot for rooted devices
- pinch/zoom gestures from hot keys
- firewall friendly, 3G/Internet access, peer to peer access
- performance improvement
- touch aware clients on mobile devices
- RDP server
- audio redirect support
- peer to peer voice/text chat
- remote phone calls
Tags: vmlite vnc server, vmlite, vnc server tablet, jelly bean 422 vnc server, nexus 42 vnc server, vmlite vnc server controller full, vnc server without root, vnc server that works on nexus 4, vmlite vnc server problems, vmlite vnc server 12.
(1) Add support for the latest Android 4.4 version (KitKat)
(2) add screen scaling of 0.33
(1) add screen scaling of 0.25
(2) fix critical bugs that failed on latest Samsung devices (S4, Note 3, etc.), it should now work
(1) fix garbled images
(2) fix rotation bugs
Supports Android 4.3
Huge speed up for TightVNC viewer
Add F11/F12 volume down/up
Fix Caps Lock key issue
v1.0.0: initial version, Aug 9, 2012
- Luis M. Downloaded 4d ago
- Mayur H. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Mike G. Downloaded Nov 27, 2013
- Macaten Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Viet P. Downloaded Nov 23, 2013
- Darren S. Downloaded Nov 10, 2013
- Gaurav M. Downloaded Nov 2, 2013
- Test T. Downloaded Nov 1, 2013
- Larbismail Downloaded Oct 29, 2013