WiFi Automatic (WiFi Auto-Off)
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By j4velin
It is designed to be used with WiFi-only* tablets - these devices normally don't require a constant internet connection if you're not using them and turning WiFi off can save a lot of battery power.
You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device. Also, the app can regularly scan for available networks to connect to and re-disable WiFi if no suitable network is found. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the device.
This app has a similiar effect like setting the "WiFi sleep policy" in Android to "always", except that you can now exactly define the timeout between turning the screen off and actually turning off WiFi.
* if your device has a cell radio, it might switch to 2G/3G/4G which may consume more power then staying on WiFi
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Automatic
- disabled UnlockReceiver when the "turn on when unlocking" feature is not used
- target SDK updated to 5.0
- theme changed to Material
- fixed setting for NO_NETWORK_TIMER was ignored
- fixed WiFi never turned off if unlocked/display turned on during NO_NETWORK_TIMER was active
- switched target SDK to KitKat