WiFi File Manager (Free)
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Jeff Sweeting
Manage files on your Android Device via WiFi through any web browser on your local network via a simple, clean, Web interface. Small and lean app. Runs as service. When running see it in the notification tray.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi on your Android device.
2. Run the app.
3. Browse http://IP address of Android:8080 (The app tells you).
Upload, download, stream or delete files. Create or delete directories.
Multi-file upload/download: Now supports ZIP file upload (asks on upload if you would like to unzip) plus option to create a zip file from a list of selected files. Note: Compressing files is CPU intensive, very large files may take a while if you have a slow device.
Configuration options (Menu -> Settings):
1. Port. Default is 8080. (Anything less than 1024 requires root.)
2. File downloads go to to new window Y/N. Default is Y.*
3. Use Default Directory (Y/N) / Default directory to use (/sdcard).
4. Use Password protection (Y/N) / Password to use (default is 'password').
* With downloads in the same window this application acts like a simple web server. Simply put the files for your website on your sdcard and point your browser at the HTML file(s), e.g. http://192.168.0.198:8080/sdcard/index.html.
1. Only files in /sdcard are usually writable.
2. Be sure your WiFi and/or phone sleep policy suits you. Configure in Settings -> Wireless/Networks -> WiFi -> [Advanced].
3. Only works on your own local WiFi network. Please don't expect it to work through firewalls or different networks.
** Free version limited to 50Kb upload / download file size.
Tags: wifi file manager, file manager wifi, jeff sweeting wifi file manager apk, share files on sd card wifi, wifi file explorer, web file browser, 56kb wifi, manager wifi problem tray, free wifi manager pour mobile, put file to via wifi.
Added multi-file (as ZIP) upload and download.