WishNu — Linux on Android
by: WishNu • 109
NOW Wishnu can connect TV via HDMI and keyboard and mouse with USB host!
Wishnu is a full linux desktop launched on android phone.
We have created Android application which starts Debian on android mobile device with one click (no need to type any commands in the terminal etc).
We have also written desktop client application which shows Debian desktop running on mobile phone on the PC or laptop with wide screen, mouse and keyboard, so this actually turns the solution to the docking station like Motorola Lapdock or devices such as Pocket Desktop, but much better, cause you don't need to buy additional docking station device and you will immediately receive a lot of of common desktop applications available from Debian MIPS/ARM repositories (even pdf document viewers, image editors, office with spreadsheets and presentations editors etc).
Also device SD card available inside chrooted system in /media/sharedSD dir.
Currently Wishnu uses Debian 5.0 ARM image. We are planning to add more customized and fresh Debian and Ubuntu OS images.
- OS Windows XP, Vista, 7 (x86) or Linux (x86, x64)
- Java Runtime Environment must be pre-installed.
- Device ADB driver on Windows (on linux no adb driver needed, but adb server should be started as root in most cases)
- MIPS or ARM
- Mobile processor 500 MHz, 256 mb RAM (Recommended: processor 1 GHz and >512 mb RAM)
- Android OS 1.5 or higher.
- The device must be rooted.
How to use WishNu:
1. Start the mobile app and press the "Start" button. Don't forget, the image must be present in your phone's SD card for everything to work.
2. Use the USB cable to connect the phone to your PC.
3. Run the desktop application. The name (serial number) of your phone should appear on the screen.
4. Double click the name.
Visit wishnu.org for more details.
Tags: wishnu apk , linux , linux phone , linux connect tools , linux desktop , linux screenshot , debian phones , linux pdf , lication on linux