WLANController WiFi Scanner client can detect access points and clients in ad-hoc mode. It can be used for wireless site surveys, wireless discovery, and wifi security. The tool reports signal strength in dBm and shows access point BSSID/MAC addresses.
The application results are viewed via a remote manager application at http://manage.wlancontroller.com (sign up required).
WLANController can also be used a security tool for detecting unauthorized and rogue access points. The visualization features integrate with 2D mapping tools providing an estimated location of the access point detected by sensors.
The solution has features suitable for individuals and organizations looking for an alternative to traditional hardware based WLAN and WIDS / wireless LAN security solutions.
The web based interface has the following tabs:
- Dashboard: graphical view of device status
- News: updates on server, client software, and features
- Active Devices: status of active wifi access points, wifi scanners, and wired scanners
- Available Devices: status of inactive devices available for activation
- Access Point: config settings (SSID, Key) of soft access points
- Scanner: wifi scanner results
- Help: link to documentation
- Account: manage subscription, change profile key, social media integration
- Topology: organize tree structure of devices and place on map
- Configuration: manage email alerts, manage class types, manage default access point settings for newly added devices
Tags: wlancontroller wifi scanner apk , wifi architecture , wlancontroller wifi scanner , wlancontroller wifi , wifi client server architecture , for detecting rogue access points , fake access point , wlan client scanner apk , scan for rogue ap with