YANC - Yet Another Night Clock
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
So, you've upgrade from that HTC Desire to a shiny new HTC Sensation, turn on the night clock and wtf? They've ruined the HTC night clock.
This is a replacement that emulates the behaviour of the old version.
- Much dimmer
- Animates the time around the screen every 30 seconds
- Touching the screen brightens it for 5 seconds
It's been tested on HTC's Desire and Sensation as well as Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4. It should work on other devices but YMMV.
It dims the soft-buttons on HTC Desire, HTC Sensation (OS2), Nexus 4 and the Galaxy Nexus, it might work on other devices too.
Differences between Pro and Free versions?
- Set the minimum screen dimness
- Set the brightness when touched
- Set the touched text colour
- Set the dimmed text colour.
- Stay awake option on battery and power.
- Change the font size of the time.
- Change the relative font size of the date and alarm.
- Change the animation times from 5 to 120 seconds.
- Option to control hiding icons when dimmed.
- Show the status bar when the screen is touched (allows you to check your notifications)
- YANC Pro pops to the front when power is connected.
- Always on option with Sun/Moon display
- Do Not Disturb option to disable Ringer and Notifications whilst YANC is displayed.
- To keep your phone on whilst plugged in, ensure that you've turned on Settings->(Applications->)Development->Stay Awake. Alternatively get the Pro version - It's less than 1/2 the price of a coffee!
So why write another one? Couldn't find a free version that did exactly what I wanted. This version was close (https://market.android.com/details?id=at.nk.nightClock) but didn't cope with the Auto-Brightness feature of HTC's
It needs to be able to read and write Settings to turn off Auto-Brightness otherwise it will not dim the screen.
Tags: midnight clock android, yanc 2.0 download, night clock android, yanc pro apk, yanc android.
Recently changed in this version:
+ Digit roll-over animation demo of Pro feature.
+ Added animations. Turn these off via the menu if they do not work on your device
+ Alarm icon hides when dimmed
+ Adjusted font sizes slightly
+ Next alarm should show on most devices
For more details, see our Google Plus site here - https://plus.google.com/113750147836457488590