This app lets you translate words, phrases, and even whole texts from English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian to Russian and back without an internet connection. You will need to download the appropriate languages and enable offline-mode in Settings to use this function.
If you’re connected to the internet you can access more than 60 languages through the app and translate between any pair (for example, from English to Danish). For more common languages you’ll find detailed dictionaries with examples of usage and can hear how words and phrases are pronounced.
Other features of Yandex.Translate:
– Simultaneous translation as you input text
– Prompts for quick text selection
– Voice dictation
– Dictionary entries with examples of usage
– Automatic language detection
– Take a picture of a menu, road sign, page in a book or choose any image with text from your Camera Roll and Yandex.Translate will translate it automatically and show a translation right over it
– Visual text recognition currently works for 11 languages: Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Ukrainian
– Option to add translations to Favorites
– Saved translation histories
One offline dictionary takes up approximately. 600 MB.
There are pronunciation examples for Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Complete list of available languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azeri, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Bosnian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Kyrghyz, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Mongolian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tatar, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese, and Welsh.
from 41.307 reviews