Bike Citizens app - the first cycling app designed for cyclists in urban areas! Real-time route calculation and GPS navigation, prioritizing bike friendly ways. With precise audio notifications, without active data connection, saving battery and roaming costs. Individual routing from easy to fast as well as tracking options. Available in more than 100 European cities. Winner of the Apps for Europe 2014 Award.
- Route planner from every location to every address in town
- Route calculation prioritizing cycle ways, cycle paths and living streets
- Precise audio notifications
- Display of velocity, remaining distance and time
- Bike Computer for tracking rides
- Works offline: no roaming costs in foreign countries
- Recalculation of the route when leaving the proposed one
- Insider tours (mostly created by local bike messengers) help you discover the city
- Categorized lists of sights, from which you can create your individual tour
- Tracking via GPS: biking time and distance overview
- Bicycle optimized map style
- Option to display tracked routes on the online cycling route planner Finnder.org (if registered)
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE CITIES:
• Australia: Adelaide
• Austria: Vienna (free), Graz (free), Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck
• Belgium: Brussels
• Denmark: Copenhagen
• France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
• Germany: All cities with < 100k inhabitants (e.g. Berlin, Bremen/Bremerhaven (free), Dresden, Ruhr area, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich and many more)
• Italy: Florence
• Netherlands: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague
• Poland: Szczecin, Warsaw, Trójmiasto
• Portugal: Porto, Lisbon
• Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Murcia, Zaragoza, Bilbao, Málaga
• Switzerland: Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Bern, Lausanne
Cities can be downloaded for € 4.49 each or can be activated by vouchers. For trial, any city can be installed for free and used for up to 30 km.
- Apps for Europe Award 2014
- ISPO Bike 2013 – Brand New Award
- European Satellite Navigation Competition 2012 – Regional Winner Austria
- Apps for Amsterdam 2012 – Public Prize
WHAT MAPS ARE USED?
The Bike Citizens app (former BikeCityGuide) is a navigation app based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute. The insider tours were created by local bike messengers, the sights descriptions are from Wikipedia.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
With the smarthpone mount "Finn" you can mount any phone easily onto the handlebar. Developed by Bike Citizens the mount “Finn” comprises a voucher to download a city of your choice for free. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
If you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better! Just send a mail to email@example.com
What are you waiting for? Enjoy your ride and experience how pleasant and relieving it can be to discover your city by bike!
Bike Citizens – Designed for Cyclists, by Cyclists!
from 1.671 reviews