Citymapper - Subway, Bus, Bike
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Effective personalized urban journey planning
- Live data about disruptions, weather conditions, and more
- Information regarding potential calories burned
- Gorgeous sleek design
- Save home, work, and any other location you like
Comprehensive urban travel tool, making cities easier to use
Ever been frustrated by the clumsiness of figuring out how to get across a complicated city using Google Maps? Citymapper is the sleek, efficient solution. It's now available in New York City, Boston, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Washington DC, and London. Your current location is auto-detected, and you tell it where to pinpoint as "home," "work," plus any favorite places you know you'll keep coming back to. Choose your preferred method of transport - walking, subway/metro, cab, bike, bus, tram, ferry, whatever - and be presented with suggested routes, including info regarding disruptions in a transport line, how many potential calories you'll burn, and any anticipated inclement weather conditions. The design is just gorgeous and eminently usable. Try it once and you'll never be able to go back to another maps app ever again.
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City"- New York Times
* Grand Prize Winner of NYC MTA App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (Mobile World Congress/ GSMA)
* Play Pick, Apps to Watch, Top Developer (Android, Play Store)
* Designs of the Year 2014 (London Design Museum)
* Essential App of the Year (Stuff Magazine)
Our mission is to make cities easier to use. Citymapper is reinventing the urban transport / transit app in the world's most complicated cities, specifically for Android devices.
- Comprehensive. A to B journey planner including all transport modes (walk, bus, subway / metro, cycle / bike, cab / taxi, train / rail, tram, ferry).
- Real-time data. Live info on all modes of transport where available.
- Simple, fast, usable and award winning design.
- Full of features. Disruptions/ status info, notifications, calories burned, metro map, saved routes, weather, Meet Me Somewhere. Personalization: ability to tailor the app around your needs. All sorts of things you need or may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
- Rapid updates. We will keep improving this app until its the best one on your phone.
- Now supports Android Wear, alerting you about live subway disruptions on your Smartwatch.
***** User Reviews:
- "If I could only have one app on my phone, this would be it."
- "I use it every day. They have literally thought of everything."
- "The most useful and well developed app on Android."
- "Without a doubt this is my most useful app."
- "Best transport app I have ever used."
- “The best journey planner app there.”
- "I would be literally lost without it. This is possibly the best app EVER and is updated regularly, love the humour and hardwork that has gone into this app :)"
- "Combines tasks I have several apps for, now I can just keep one."
- "Greatest thing since the invention of transport apps."
- New York: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit
- San Francisco: BART, MUNI Metro, MUNI Bus, Caltrain, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, VTA
- Chicago: CTA Bus, 'L', METRA, PACE Bus, Divvy Bikes
- Paris: Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (RATP), Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (SNCF), Réseau Express Régional (RER), Transilien
- Berlin: VBB Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH
- London: Transport for London (TfL), Underground, Overground, Dockland Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink, National Rail
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bap Transport Authority
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator
- Barcelona: Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB), Metro Barcelona, Bicing, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC)
- Madrid: Empresa Municipal de Transportes de Madrid (EMT), Metro Madrid
- Milan: ATM, Trenord, BikeMi
- Rome: ATAC, FS
- México DF: Metro (STC), Metrobús, Suburbano, Trolebús & Tren Ligero (STE), Camiones (RTP), Ecobici
Please note: the app requires data access and works best with GPS/location.
Questions? Email us at support(at)citymapper(dot)com.
Hola Mexico City DF and its 21 million Chilangos. Latin America represent! *** Various beautifications as warm up for upcoming 4.0... *** Fewer bugs, more yellow *** + more
Pretty convenient ...
Works perfectly for me in London . Much better than tfl journey planner.
It just does what it says on the tin, simply and efficiently. I wouldn't be without it in London.
We just spent 10 days in NYC as rookie tourists. We've always tried to use public transportation wherever we go, and Citymapper made this EASY. We particularly liked that we could save trips and destinations. This feature allowed us to wander off track and still get to our destination by the most effective route. We looked at a lot of apps, and we tried several. Citymapper provided the most effect
Recently went to NYC and this app helped me a lot. I could check the trains status before leaving or returning home.
Transit is far more user-friendly!