Citymapper: Subway Bus Transit
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Effective personalized urban journey planning
- Live data about disruptions, weather conditions, and more
- Information regarding potential calories burned
- Gorgeous sleek design
- Save home, work, and any other location you like
Comprehensive urban travel tool, making cities easier to use
Ever been frustrated by the clumsiness of figuring out how to get across a complicated city using Google Maps? Citymapper is the sleek, efficient solution. It's now available in New York City, Boston, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Washington DC, and London. Your current location is auto-detected, and you tell it where to pinpoint as "home," "work," plus any favorite places you know you'll keep coming back to. Choose your preferred method of transport - walking, subway/metro, cab, bike, bus, tram, ferry, whatever - and be presented with suggested routes, including info regarding disruptions in a transport line, how many potential calories you'll burn, and any anticipated inclement weather conditions. The design is just gorgeous and eminently usable. Try it once and you'll never be able to go back to another maps app ever again.
NEW YORK CITY, WASHINGTON DC, BOSTON. London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona. (more coming..)
"Citymapper is, quite simply, the best travel app to be introduced to New York City"- NYTimes
* Grand Prize Winner of NYC MTA App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (Mobile World Congress/ GSMA)
* Play Pick, Apps to Watch, Top Developer (Android, Play Store)
* Designs of the Year 2014 (London Design Museum)
* Essential App of the Year (Stuff Magazine)
Our mission is to MAKE CITIES EASIER TO USE. We're reinventing the urban transport / transit app in the world's most complicated cities, specifically for Android devices.
- Comprehensive. A to B journey planner including all transport modes (walk, bus, subway/ metro, cycle/ bike, cab/ taxi, train/ rail, tram, ferry).
- Real-time data. Live info on all modes of transport where available.
- Simple, fast, usable and award winning design.
- Full of features. Disruptions/ status info, notifications, calories burned, metro map, saved routes, weather, Meet Me Somewhere. Personalization: ability to tailor the app around your needs. All sorts of things you need or may not even realize that you need to manage your life in the city.
- Rapid updates. We will keep improving this app until its the best one on your phone.
- Now supports Android Wear, alerting you about live subway disruptions on your Smartwatch.
***** User Reviews:
- "If I could only have one app on my phone, this would be it."
- "I use it every day. They have literally thought of everything."
- "The most useful and well developed app on Android."
- "Without a doubt this is my most useful app."
- "Best transport app I have ever used."
- “The best journey planner app there.”
- "I would be literally lost without it. This is possibly the best app EVER and is updated regularly, love the humour and hardwork that has gone into this app :)"
- "Combines tasks I have several apps for, now I can just keep one."
- "Greatest thing since the invention of transport apps."
- New York: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), Metro-North Railroad (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE), New Jersey Transit
- Paris: Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (RATP), Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (SNCF), Réseau Express Régional (RER), Transilien
- Berlin: VBB Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH
- London: Transport for London (TfL), Underground, Overground, Dockland Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink, National Rail
- Boston: Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), Massachusetts Bap Transport Authority
- Washington DC: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), DC Circulator
- Barcelona: Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB), Metro Barcelona, Bicing, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC)
- Madrid: Empresa Municipal de Transportes de Madrid (EMT), Metro Madrid
Please note: the app requires data access and works best with GPS/location.
Questions? Email us at support(at)citymapper(dot)com.
Hello again. Important data updates under the hood. A pretty launch image- guess what colour it is. You can now ‘report issue’ on journeys and on bus stops, this helps us improve results. Fix for other things too that are too complicated to explain in such a small place without facial expressions.
Oh check out our new website Citymapper.com (on your BIG COMPUTER).
As a tourist, very helpful!
I would probably get lost in London without this app
Would be nice to see real walking directions with map orientation.
You could make walking directions available and try to be clearer which stations lie on the tube line one will take- thay would make it kinda perfect :)
Thema best app for transport
Without this app seriously I am numb in this crowded city of london