1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
CTA tracker allows you to define alerts for CTA routes and stops; get a notification when a bus on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of CTA buses).
- You can define alerts for when a CTA bus is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by CTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the bus following the shape defined by CTA, if the bus is on detour, or if the bus isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using CTA's buses and trains.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of CTA bus locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for CTA alerts.
This is not an official CTA app; I am not affiliated with CTA in any way.
Recently changed in this version:
- Added a destination filter when tracking a single route.
- Fixed a problem with the route keyboard where some users had dark text on dark keys.
- Fixed problem with unreadable text on some devices.
- Fixed tracking history "Name unknown" bug.
- Updated route and stop information.
- Added auto-completion of route numbers and a custom keyboard for easier switching between letters and numbers.