100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
***** Important! *****
Common user mistakes:
- Do not try to test the app by pacing around in the same small area.
- Please note that GPS uses a lot of battery power.
- Satellite based GPS location does not work well indoors. Many apps use network based location because it does work indoors, but it is not accurate enough for use with this app. If the location icon is not solid in your status bar, that means your PHONE can't acquire a satellite GPS fix in that area.
- accurate to within 1 percent when compared to most car odometers under normal driving conditions.
- includes a timer
- includes pause / resume for each trip
- includes a lock to help prevent accidental reset/stop/start of your trip. After unlocked, it locks back in 9 seconds, or you can lock it yourself.
- includes displacement readout (straight line distance from your starting point)
- average speed readout in meters per second, feet per second, yards per second, kilometres per hour, miles per hour, nautical miles per hour
- actual speed readout (This may not be accurate at slow walking speeds)
- units include meters, kilometres, yards, feet, miles and nautical miles
- approximates distance travelled in some GPS dead spots such as driving through a tunnel by adding the as-a-bird flies distance to your trip.
- resumes tracking after restart (You must now enable this feature in settings)
- includes a custom calculator. Uses include taxi fare and calories burned while exercising
What this app does NOT do:
1) Does not record your route. Each trip has a start location, a last location, and a next-to-last location. No record of where you go is saved other than that. Only distance and time.
2) No location information ever leaves your device.
3) No maps. Only distance.
The application is commonly used by/for :
exercise (walking, jogging, running, hiking, skiing)
Truckers (both long and short haul)
Plans for future updates:
-Keep screen on while charging
-Auto dim based on ambient light level
- 8/2/2013: version 2.07
-Much more efficient and better on battery use
-Larger text achieved by hiding some text. Press unlock on the main screen to change
-Home screen widget for the full version. (10 day trial)
-added instant speed.
-Free version can have 3 trips
-Run at Boot is now a setting that defaults to false
- 8/10/2013: version 2.08
-appears very stable. After 24 hours and nearly 20,000 updates and installs, no bug reports or emails have been received.
- 2 bugs fixed
- Hopefully no new bugs introduced :)
- background service will restart after update now
- disabled move to SD Card (Widget will not work if on SD)
- reduced size by 100K
-8/13/2013 version 2.09
Added a custom multiplier. For example a trucker gets paid 40 cents per mile, a walker burns 60 calories per kilometre, a boat uses .05 litres of fuel per nautical mile (20 nm/l). This can be anything that you want, but you are limited to multiplication.
To use, press the unlock button on the main screen and change to #3 and then visit the settings tab to enter your multiplier info.
Tags: gps cuentakilometros, contachilometri da corsa a piedi, одометр для бега, contachilometri per corsa a piedi, contachilometri corsa a piedi, cuentakilometros, contachilometri, meterzähler app, gps 走行距離, 里程.
-12/04/2013 version 2.11
Bug fix for Android 4.4 'Kit Kat'
Please email me if I broke anything.
-8/13/2013 version 2.10
Fixed a bug that made renaming trips very frustrating. Now you click on the edit button at the bottom right of the the list page to rename a trip. It's the pencil icon.
for previous recent changes, please see the end of the description. This section has a 500 char limit
- Taviño S. Downloaded Nov 9, 2013
- Dali B. Downloaded Oct 25, 2013
- Natanael C. Downloaded Oct 21, 2013
- Ilmaks .. Downloaded Oct 20, 2013
- Luis S. Downloaded Oct 18, 2013
- Dangit Downloaded Aug 26, 2013
- Rocquet michl Downloaded Aug 13, 2013
- Jimmy D. Downloaded Jul 9, 2013
- Владислав Downloaded Jun 23, 2013