HopStop Transit Directions Map
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- Save and reverse feature
- Only U.S and some European cities
- Doesn't always show the best way
This app allows you to see the best way to go from a place to another
UPDATE: It currently works on our device, so we updated the review.
This app is supposed to provide detailed public transit and walking directions when travelling by bus, train, subway or any transport that you'd like to use.
The use is fairly easy: add your Starting and Destination address, change the direction settings (transport) and set the departure time. Then you just need to press Search and the app shows you the correct path, adding the approximate time you'll spend on each travel step and the total miles and minutes. In addition, you can save the trip for the future or reverse it for the way back. A map is also provided in case you need a visual help.
This app was developed by HopStop.com, Inc., creators of the original HopStop website.
This is a very useful tool nowadays, but like many other similar apps, it doesn't always choose the best or quickest way. However, it now works perfectly well on our smartphone and if you live in the U.S it's totally recommendable.
With HopStop you can:
• Get directions from your current location
• Get schedules for hundreds of regional rails, subways, buses, ferries, light rails, streetcars, trams, trolleys & more
• View scrollable, zoom-able transit maps even when offline
• Estimate travel time & cost for a taxi & call cab companies
• Set your travel preferences – bus, subway, walking, taxi, include/exclude regional rail, vehicles operated by private companies or express buses
• Access addresses from your contact list
• Save recent searches & favorite trips in MyTrips
• Get biking directions in NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, & San Francisco
• Find out how many calories you burn on each route & how many carbon emissions you save
• See wheelchair accessible & stroller friendly routes
HopStop works in 120 markets & counting:
Akron, Albany, Albuquerque, Allentown / Lehigh, Ann Arbor, Asheville, Atlanta, Austin, Bakersfield, Baltimore, Bend, Birmingham, Blacksburg, Bloomington, Boston, Buffalo, Burlington, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Clemson, Columbus, Cleveland, Dallas / Ft. Worth, Delaware, Denver / Boulder, Detroit, Eugene, Flagstaff, Fort Wayne, Fresno, Green Bay / Appleton, Hartford, Honolulu, Houston, Huntsville, Indiana, Jackson Hole, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Kingsport, La Crosse, Lansing, Las Vegas, Lexington, Little Rock, Long Island, LA, Louisville, Madison, Memphis, Mendocino / Ft. Bragg / Eureka, Metro North, S. Florida, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Missoula, NJ, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Newport News / Hampton, Norfolk / VA Beach, OKC, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Springs , Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Portland / Salem, Providence, Raleigh-Durham, Redding / Red Bluff / Shasta, Reno / Tahoe, Richmond, Rochester, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, SF, Santa Barbara, Sarasota, Savannah, Seattle / Tacoma, Southwest Oregon, Spokane, Springfield, St Louis, State College, Stockton / Modesto / Tracey, Syracuse, Tampa, Topeka, Ventura / Oxnard, Walla Walla, DC, Wilmington, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Saskatoon, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Waterloo, Winnipeg, London, Moscow, Paris, St Petersburg
Here are some of the transit agencies we support:
AATA, ABQ, AC TRANSIT, AMT, AMTExp, ART, AT, ATS, BART, BBB, BC Ferries, BC Transit, BCT, BEE, BJCTA, BRTA, BT, CALTRAIN, Capital Corridor, CapMetro, CATA, CCR, CCRTA, CCTA, CDTA, CENTRO, CFRTA, CHT, CIT, COR, COTA, CTA, CTS, CTT, CUMTD, DART, DASH, DATA, DCTA, DDOT, DECAMP, DT, DTC, ESTA, ETS, EUROSTAR, FAX, FOOTHILL, FRTA, GATRA, GBMT, GBTA, GCRTA, GET, GO , GRT, GRTC, GT, HART, HHRM, JAC, JTA, KCATA, LACMTA, LADOT, LANE, LANTA, LBT, LBT, LCT, LEXTRAN, LIRR, LIT, LOOP, LRTA, LVM, MARTA, MATA, MAX, MBTA, MCTA, MCTS, MDT, METRA, METRO, MHC, MMT, MNR, MRC, MRO, MTA, MTSL, MUNI, MVRTA, MVTA, MWRTA, NCSU, NCTD, NFTA, NICE, NJT, NORTA, NRTA, NT, NYAS, NYWT, NYWW, OCTA, OC Transpo, OCW, OMIT, PAAC, PATCO, PATH, RATP, RB, RGRTA, RIPTA, RT , RTA, RTC, RTCSN, RTD, RTL, RVDB, RVTD, SACRT, SAM, SBCE, SCAT, SCMTD, SCRRA, SCT, SDMTS, SEPTA, SIF, SK, SJRTD, SLE, SLTA, SLW, SLWT, SRCB, SSL, STA, STCA, STL, STM, TANK, TARC, TCT, TFL, Translink, TRAX, TRIMET, Tri-Rail, UNITRANS, UTA, VIA, VRE, VTA, WMATA, WRTA, WSDOT, YCT, Yolobus, YRT, YT, YUBA
Let us know what you think! Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HopStop directions are informational only. Transit schedules and routes are subject to change. No representation is made or warranty given as to their content, route usability or expeditiousness. User assumes all risk of use. HopStop and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
- New markets: Bellingham, WA; Gainesville, FL, Lynchburg, VA; Nashua, NH, Western Maryland, Rennes (France), Strasbourg (France), Manchester (UK) and Queensland (Australia)
- Ability to swap addresses on schedule search
- Ability to book a taxi within saved direction searches
- Various bug fixes and other user experience improvements
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
- There aren't any comments yet, be the first to comment!