Lyft - Taxi & Bus Alternative
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- No need to wait for a taxi
- Track your driver as the car comes to you
- Drivers are all tested and ranked for security
- Cars wear a big pink mustache
- Only available in certain US cities
Private, friendly drivers from here to there on the cheap
Tired of taxis? Wait no more with Lyft, the pink-mustache'd private car service that you can order at the touch of a button. It's currently only available in major U.S. cities, but is expanding all the time. Call a driver to your exact location even if you don't know the address, and you'll be able to track him or her as the car gets close to where you are. Drivers undergo background checks as well as DMV tests to ensure safety comes first. Rate your experience after getting dropped off to keep just the best drivers on the road. Discount codes are generally available for first-time passengers, so do some poking around for one and give it a whirl.
Our app is cheaper than a taxi, faster than the bus, and easy to use.
• Getting Started: After downloading Lyft and signing up, simply open the app and request a ride.
• Paying: Never worry about having cash for a cab or the bus again — with Lyft, you pay through your phone. It’s easy, fast, and secure.
• Split the Cost: Easily split the cost of a ride with friends through the app. No more IOU’s.
About Our Drivers
• All Lyft drivers pass comprehensive background and DMV checks before being approved for the service.
• Drivers are rated by passengers and only the highest-rated drivers are allowed on the road.
• Lyft provides a first-of-its-kind $1M liability insurance for total peace of mind.
Join the millions who’ve chosen Lyft instead of a cab for commuting, going out at night, and getting to events. Next time you need a ride, skip the bus, taxi, or car service and choose Lyft.
What people are saying:
"Ride-sharing programs like Lyft are providing commuters with less expensive and more social ways to get around. Users log into the app, specify where they’re heading, and a background-checked driver picks them up for less than a typical cab ride." - TODAY Show on how Lyft works
"In a city where taxis can be scarce and Uber’s black town cars are rampant but expensive, Lyft has quickly gained visibility due to low prices and quirky branding." - Ad Age on what differentiates Lyft
"Lyft's focus on the everyman has recently extended to the wildly successful Lyft Line carpool service aimed at commuters, which offers discounts of 30% to 60% for sharing a Lyft ride with others." - Fast Company on Lyft Line
“...Special emphasis was put on making rides reflect the values of the company. The founders didn’t want the experience to be like a taxi or an Uber ride, where a passenger sat in the back and didn’t interact with the driver.” - Techcrunch on Lyft’s community values
“Lyft is a foreign country for an Uber refugee, but it doesn't take long to feel at home there.” - Mashable, on switching to Lyft from Uber
“ A few weeks ago, one Lyft driver served me homemade lemon bread. The experience feels less mercenary than taking an Uber ride, as if you’re engaging a friend rather than a chauffeur, which is exactly the atmosphere you’d want in a daily car pool.” - New York Times, on the difference between Lyft and Uber
For Lyft drivers using the app, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
There’s more to you than just a name and a photo. So, tell us more. Introducing profiles. New in this version (2.19.0):
- Profiles, where you can fill out your hometown, favorite music, and a mini bio
- Option to show mutual Facebook friends with your driver or fellow passenger
- Behind-the-scenes improvements and bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
I have been driving for lyft a few months now......Wonderful group of drivers and clients....If you want to try, load the app and type in LR7B2C in the payment section for a 10 dollar credit on your first ride....Have a safe holiday!....Lyft driver.....
Works fine but sometimes when you are close to rider ,says you arrived but is like 100 feet or more the rider,but is good
Love it for the Lyft line. Cheapest cab option in town.
Driver app needs some work to make it smooth. Remember, we're on the road and making things happen. :-)
Wont let me use my google voice number...
The app does not let me log in as the phone number is too long... Useless app, I guess it's made only for US or something.