Melbourne Transport Alarm
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Jinhyung
The app works by comparing your current location with the destination during the journey and triggers an alert when you approach the destination.
It requires Network service or GPS to determine your current location.
Network uses Tower cell-ID and/or Wi-Fi signals (where available) to provide location information.
You may also use GPS with Network since it is more accurate. However, it consumes more battery power so please ensure to EXIT (select Menu, Exit) when you arrive at the destination and the app is no longer required.
The followings show you how to use :
1. From the top three icons, blue (Train), green (Tram) and red (Bus), tap on an icon to choose the transport mode.
2. Tap on LINE to choose the line travelled.
3. Tap on DIRECTION to choose which direction you are headed.
4. Tap on STATION to select your destination station or stop.
5. Finally, tap on the grey tack at the bottom of screen and it will confirm if you want to SET Destination.
6. Select YES button and the colour of the tack will change to red. You can now enjoy your journey knowing that you will be reminded of your stop.
7. The mobile device will alert by vibrating 10 times when approaching your destination.
8. To EXIT the app, click on Menu, Exit.
Tags: know if you are close to your stop melbourne app, melbourne alarm android, melbourne public transport widgets or android phone.
Recently changed in this version:
Fix reported bug of [SQLiteException] caused by apostrophe station name such as 'St Vincent`s Plaza'