Parking Enforcer full version
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The parking log can be displayed, sorted in different ways, modified, and exported to other applications using the standard CSV (comma separated value) file format. ParkingEnforcer also maintains a fully editable whitelist to mark vehicles for which no maximum stay is to be enforced. The log of stored plate codes is automatically purged after a user defined interval to prevent clutter.
Unlike other scanning apps, this one runs entirely on your Android device without needing a network, so there are NO data charges or network delays whatsoever, and the number plates and images you take do NOT have to be uploaded to any server.
As well as handling poor and low lighting conditions, ParkingEnforcer also supports numerous formats of car, motorcycle, and heavy goods vehicle plates, including personalised and some international (non-UK) number plates.
This is the full version of ParkingEnforcer. It supports up to 500 vehicle registration codes in the database at any time, and provides optional server upload.
This version is optimised for UK vehicle registration plates. Please contact us for information on other locales.
Customers who require more advanced recognition or integration capabilities may wish to upgrade to the 'Pro' version. To upgrade or enquire about volume licensing deals, international plate formats and other deployment options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Hold your Android device horizontally, making sure the camera is not obscured. Try to line up the vehicle number plate such that it falls roughly within the green focusing rectangle.
(2) Tap the camera icon on the screen to take a picture of the number plate. ParkingEnforcer will analyse the image you took and recognise and display the registration code. The registration string will be displayed in green (high confidence), amber (medium confidence), or red (low confidence). You can simply hit 'return' to take the image again. There is also a button and settings option to make use of the flash or torch light (only effective at short distances).
(3) You can also tap the plate string to edit it or copy and paste it into another application. To copy the number to the clipboard, swipe it with your finger and then select 'Copy to clipboard' from the context menu.
(4) Click the 'Enforce' button to log a parking observation for the vehicle. If the vehicle was previously seen in the log, then the duration since the first observation is displayed, together with the most recent observation time. If it has not been seen before, then a new entry is added to the log.
(4a) The app also tells you if the plate appears in your whitelist. To add the plate to the whitelist, tap the 'Whitelist' button.
(4b) If you would like the registration code to be uploaded to a server for additional logging or verification, then simply hit the 'Upload' button. The URL for upload and an optional user name and label (tag) can be configured via the 'Settings' menu.
(5) To take a new image, simply press the 'back' button on your Android device.
(6) The name of the log and whitelist CSV files can be configured via the 'Settings' menu, and both files are stored on your SD card. To display or edit those logs using the app, tap the 'Lists...' button or choose 'Manage Lists'. The list of vehicle registration codes can be sorted and displayed using different criteria.
Tags: full version of parking test, can enforcers charge you with plate numbers only.
Improved UI: Viewfinder is adjustable, SD card folder for stored images is user selectable, and interface features tool tips.
Now features Geotagging of photos, with the Geotag being stored in both the photo metadata (EXIF format) and in the log file (latitude, longitude, and an accuracy estimate in meters).
The new geotagging feature can be activated via settings and can either use fine grained location (GPS, if available) or coarse grained (network) location information.