Pilotage Timer - Flying VFR
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
1. Using sectional you create your flight plan, identify your checkpoints (you need to know two things from sectional: true course and distance);
2. Each checkpoints can be customized (MSL altitude, indicated airspeed, wind direction, wind speed, magnetic variance, checkpoint specific images, notes)
3. Once checkpoint initial data is created this app will calculate (just like E6B flight computer) your ground speed (kn/hr and kn/min - used for descends), magnetic course, fuel consumption, time enroute, and even distance to horizon from the altitude you fly. You can add notes/reminders (radio frequencies, transponder codes, etc) and images specific to your checkpoint.
4. Once your flight plan is in place you can save it to SD card and adjust it to a specific weather condition just right before you take off - no massive recalculation needed - all numbers will be updated by this app for you.
5. For your convenience you can generate a reverse flight by ONE CLICK of a button "REVERSE". All time-consuming calculations are done seamlessly on the background for you by the app.
6. You can load your flight plans from SD card at any time - just update winds condition to recalculate your flight data before you take off.
7. Get in a plane and click "FLY" to activate your timer.
8. While flying you will be able to use a built in scribble - no more paper/pencil in the plane.
9. You can use sectional/airport images you attached to each checkpoint - no more HUGE paper sectional. Zoom it in/out with simple two finger swipe or double click on the screen.
10. And, finally, you will be able to see the progress of the timer for each checkpoint!
This application is not using internet connection, GPS or any other heavy battery consuming features.
This application is especially convenient for night time flying - no flashlight needed to see details of your flight plan. It will run for hours on your android device, even with a very bright screen.
The ability to pause the timer or start next checkpoint comes handy when the winds change while enroute and you may arrive to the next checkpoint sooner or later then expected.
I developed this application for my personal use, tested it at night and day time flying - pretty accurate in calculations and I find it reliable and very convenient.
Yes, it is simple to fly with your GPS, but it is always good to have your flight plan with checkpoints on your android device next to you - just in case.
With this app you will save time planning/calculating your flight. In addition, you will find really nice some of those convenient features like "Reverse" route calculation, scribble, notes, images.
Tags: aviation timer android, bridge pilotage android apps, flight app android vfr, таймер timer fly, pilotage android.
Recently changed in this version:
1. Crashing bugs were fixed for 4.* versions of Android OS devices;
2. Minor other smaller bugs were addressed.
NEW IMPROVED FEATURES:
1. Scribble is smooth and clear
2. Reverse flight plan is improved generates from-to to the to-from name in the leg
3. Creating of a new leg is improved - most of the fields are created based on the previous leg
4. Ability to add images from camera
5. Translation of heading to verbal format (N,S,W,E)
6. Android compass heading is added