500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
UTA tracker allows riders to take advantage of the Utah Transit Authority's vehicle monitoring and stop finding services.
UTA tracker also includes the ability to download individual route data, including PDF route maps.
UTA tracker allows you to define alerts for UTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
UTA's buses and trains report their locations every 15 seconds (Flex routes are not included).
TRAX and FrontRunner route numbers:
Blue line - 701
Red line - 703
Green line - 704
FrontRunner - 750
- Put in a route number and see all vehicles on that route, put in a stop number to see all buses serving that stop, or put in an individual vehicle number (printed inside and on the back of UTA buses).
ROUTE SCHEDULES AND MAPS
- You can request schedule data and a PDF map for any UTA route by entering its number.
*** Important ***
UTA route data is downloaded from the UTA website. If UTA's site changes significantly, downloading route and map files may stop working. If something stops working, please send me an email, and I will resolve it as quickly as I can.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for UTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a UTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by UTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defined by UTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using UTA's buses and trains.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of UTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for UTA alerts.
- Add track and route widgets and shortcuts to your home screen to go straight to the map or route you want.
Read more about UTA's monitoring API here:
This is not an official UTA app; I am not affiliated with UTA in any way.
Recently changed in this version:
- Updated route and stop data.
- Added a button on the tracking map that will zoom the map to your device's location.
- Fixed a bug with tracking routes.
- Fixed a bug with opening cached route schedules.
- Added direction arrows to vehicle icons!
- Added a direction filter dropdown when tracking a single route.
- Added speed of UTA vehicle to information box.
- Added support for trip messages on downloaded schedules.