Discover the history & culture of Aboriginal Sydney with these self-guided audio-supported tours, covering heritage & rock art sites, as well as contemporary Australian Indigenous places of significance.
From the edges of Sydney Harbour and the city’s museums & art galleries to Kuring-Gai National Park in the north out to Western Sydney & south to Botany Bay, the Aboriginal Sydney app lets you explore Sydney Aboriginal people’s rich cultural heritage, from the past and the present.
With contact information for public transport and GPS locating, you can spend from half a day up to a week exploring Aboriginal Sydney. Audio commentary accompanies most sites and is particularly helpful for overseas visitors.
The Aboriginal Sydney app lets you:
• plan your tours to suit your available time – from 30 minutes to all day
• choose your walk by locality or interest
• use up-to-date GPS maps with easy to follow directions
• be confident about culturally appropriate information
• listen to contextual audio narrated by Kamilaroi man, Billy McPherson
• find general information about facilities, opening hours, cost, public transport and links to websites of the sites where applicable.
The companion book, Aboriginal Sydney, provides valuable information not available on the app. It is available from all good booksellers or Aboriginal Studies Press.
Aboriginal Studies Press is the publishing arm of the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) the world’s premier institution for information and research about the cultures and lifestyles of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, past and present.
from 1 reviews