Record track points in real-time. Record locations on schedule and save battery power. Add waypoints, use compass, IMPORT/EXPORT data to/from various formats, display tracks/waypoints on the map, compare tracks and track segments and much more.
SCHEDULED TRACK RECORDING MODE
The only app on the market with this feature!
Save battery power by recording your location on predefined schedule. Record points every N minutes for M hours with X accuracy and D minimum distance.
- records average/moving/max speed/pace, min/max elevation, elevation gain/loss, total/moving trip time, etc.
- segment tracks automatically by distance, time, custom intervals or manually
- save waypoints (waypoints saved during track recording become a part of that track)
- showing direction and distances to waypoints with real-time sorting (save location of your car before that football match and easily find it later!)
- fully functional compass. Magnetic and True North, rotating bezel (dial)
- export/import recorded tracks/waypoints to/from various formats (GPX, KML) and email them to friend
- display tracks/waypoints on a map (track segments are displayed using different colors)
- change layouts dynamically (for example: display Pace instead of Speed, etc)
- multiple measurement units
- Multilanguage support (TRANSLATORS NEEDED!!!)
- track segments (by distance, by time, by custom intervals, etc.)
- backup and restore entire application database in Sqlite format
- sunset and sunrise times for your current location
- and it's free and open source!
JOIN THE DEVELOPMENT
Are you a beginner Android developer? Well documented source code in conjunction with support blog can be used as a great tutorial.
Planning of contributing to new open source project?
Get a local copy of the repository from here: http://code.google.com/p/aripuca-tracker/
Want to add new language to the app? Just drop us a line and register as project translator.
Tags: aripuca tracker, save gps track source code, aripucatracker, record gps point schedule, open gps tracker in local server, gps tracking examples beginners, ya tracker, aripuca, real time gps tracker google maps open source, gps tracker map example.
New layouts, translation updates
Bug fix release
New layouts. Bug fixes.
Bug fix release
New map feature added. Now you can display track with moving
marker showing current track point details like speed, elevation, distance from start to finish, etc.
New target API 17 (Android 4.2)
Spanish language added. Minor bug fixes
Maintenance release, minor bug fixes