Discover Local Stories
Tuhura is the ultimate New Zealand travel app – see local New Zealanders tell the stories behind New Zealand history and culture in their own words.
Tuhura Auckland focuses on the people and places of Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city.
By watching short (around 90 second) film clips, you’ll discover the stories behind:
• Auckland’s best tourist destinations,
• the best things to do in Auckland,
• Māori and European history,
• Auckland’s unique culture and
• famous people from Auckland.
• our stories and Māori legends’
• our unique Māori and European culture’
• our historical events, and
• our famous people.
• local legends, including Māori story of Rangitoto,
• a spectacular time-lapse video of the construction of the Auckland Sky Tower,
• Eden Park and the 2011 Rugby World Cup,
• Sir Edmund Hilary and other famous Aucklanders,
• The Beatles 1964 visit, and
• much more.
Tuhura becomes your very own Auckland tour-guide, connecting you with the real New Zealand and background stories even the locals don’t know about.
An innovative first, Tuhura’s extensive catalogue of Auckland tourism film clips are arranged by GPS location. That means, as you are travelling through the Auckland region of New Zealand, you can view a short video and hear the background stories relating to the history and culture of nearby tourist sites.
And, for those who would prefer to discover Auckland from the comfort of a hotel room, campervan or café, clips are also arranged according to region and subject matter.
Extra Auckland tourist features include:
• free GPS linked maps help you find the top Auckland tourist sites,
• up-coming events throughout Auckland, and
• special offers to some of Auckland’s best tourist attractions.
Don’t go home regretting that you missed out on some of the best things to do in Auckland, and on discovering the events and people that shaped New Zealand.
Download the Tuhura Auckland tourist app. today – available in iPhone, Android, iPad, and Tablet formats.
• due to film licensing agreements, some video content can be viewed only from within New Zealand
• to avoid international roaming charges, purchase a SIM card from a New Zealand digital store, , supermarket, I-SITE, or similar outlet
Click here for the full version of Tuhura.