This is the definitive guide to all the best places & authentic experiences across Australia from the outback to the beach, from its casually confident cities to its ancient indigenous culture.
It offers insider tips on how to engage with Australia’s remarkable landscapes, its idiosyncratic locals & its utterly bizarre wildlife.
It is NOT YOUR TYPICAL APP:
* It is opinionated, jam-packed with info & pragmatic advice you won’t find elsewhere.
* It is a big app for a big continent, but it is not encyclopaedic. Rather it distils the best. Once a destination has made the cut, it gives you everything you need to enjoy it.
* It actually contains MINI APPS WITHIN THE APP. Many entries cover entire regions with bullet points on what to do, where to stay, eat & drink.
* When a resort, restaurant, or individual adventure is outstanding it gets its own entry with in-depth opinions on how best to enjoy it.
A few mechanics:
• I have organised entries by a range of tags, including States, On the Water, Outback, Luxury and more. Don’t miss the Hidden Gems!
• There are heaps of hyperlinks to videos & websites for more info.
• Under hours, I give opening hours PLUS the best season to visit. Australia's contrary Southern Hemisphere seasons can be confusing for visitors from the Northern Hemisphere.
Finally, I have avoided overly commercial destinations, which you can easily find with generic guides (or just follow the tourist crowd).
The App will be updated regularly (at no extra charge) as more great destinations emerge.
★ About the Author ★
Born & bred in Queensland, I've been a photojournalist, travel writer & editor for 25 years.
I write for publications worldwide including Travel & Leisure, The New York Times, Australia & New Zealand Magazine, The Toronto Star, The Wine Enthusiast, Vacations & Travel, Luxury Travel, Sydney Sun Herald, Royal Auto, News Ltd, Nine MSN & Qantas Insider.
I've been editor of The Best Places guidebook series to the West Coast of USA & Canada & an editor at Workman Publishing in New York, publishers of 1000 Places to Visit Before You Die. I also worked as press attache for the Bordeaux Wine Trade Council, where I became addicted to fine wine & food.
Now in Melbourne for 14 years, I love to interpret the real Australia for visitors. Avoiding tourist traps in favour of authentic travel experiences that distil the essence of place, I prefer active trips offering immersion in Australia's distinctive landscapes, its indigenous culture & where the local's eat & drink. I prefer my luxury digs removed from celebrity glitz & I've created great family trips with my husband & 3 daughters.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: go to australia text , australia sutro media , australia go , australiaforvisitors , australia for i go , australia where to go