Barcelona is where Europe goes to play. She’s a city that sparkles and fizzes, over-the-top and up ‘til dawn, making the world watch just to see what she’ll do next. Plunge straight into her buzzing heart with this remarkably in-depth app by two old pros who have been writing about the city for decades.
WHAT REAL-LIFE APP USERS ARE SAYING
“It is completely comprehensive and provided insights into a great deal that I had never heard of even though I have been to Barcelona a couple of times before… recommend to anyone wanting to get more out of Barcelona than the standard guidebook fare.” —Adam (Australia)
"...in-depth information, smarts and wit. A fun read while killing time at a café or any time you've got a few minutes to spare...Great food and bar listings- not a single one let us down. I can't stress hard enough how valuable this app was for our group."— Thomas Jones (USA)
“…straightforward to navigate, fast, clear, and full of inspiring photos. The organisation of the content is what makes it work, from the top sights to the links to relevant maps to the neighbourhood eating and drinking places - instantly get the right advice and ideas in a couple of clicks…The authors have literally decades of experience writing top-ranking travel guide books to Europe, and it shows." —London reader (UK)
WHY BUY THIS APP?
• Avoid the tourist traps! Over 100 of Barcelona’s most interesting restaurants, bars and night spots at your fingertips
• Sparkling insights and handy tips on visiting 130 famous and secret sights, from Gaudí’s Sagrada Família to a bomb shelter from the Civil War
• Free things to see and do
• Fun ways to explore Barcelona differently by day and night- with a local on a bespoke tour, on a scooter, or in a three-wheel GoCar
• Walking tours of Barcelona’s most fascinating and up and coming neighbourhoods
• Discover BCN’s vibrant music scene from opera to Manu Chao’s Rumba de Barcelona: venues and where to buy tickets
• Up-to-date practical info on how to get around the city, and how to save money with special offers and discount cards.
• A menu decoder and a list of useful phrases (Spanish and Catalan).
• Shopping (the interesting stuff, not just the chain boutiques).
• Great places to take the kids
• Eight day trips around Barcelona and a complete list of the important traditional and cultural festivals.
• Unusual sidelights— Meet the eco-warriors of Barcelona’s squatters’ movement.
• 2594 photos and dozens of video links, offering a preview of the city’s attractions
• A taxi fare estimator to featured sites from your location
• Free, periodic updates.
★ About the Authors ★
Authors of seven books on Spain and Catalonia, Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls (www.facarospauls.com) have been around the block a few times. After a career as travel writers spanning some 1,400 years, they know the Mediterranean like a flea knows a dog. Currently installed just over the Pyrenees in southwest France, Barcelona is where they go for a dirty weekend and some stuffed squids.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
from 4 reviews